Chapter 26

Omniscient

Nijah sat in the coffee shop as she waited for him to arrive. She didn't know what she was going to say, do, anything. She put her head down in her phone to see if anything was going on and it was only a few tweets from Sekani which reminded her she needed to unfollow him. On everything.

"Nijah?" She heard and she blinked twice before picking her head up.

"I know you from somewhere." Nijah said squinting her eyes standing up.

"You shorty from the mall." He said and she nodded.

"I knew you looked a tad bit like me, thats why i was looking at you for so long." Nijah chuckled nervously.

"Shit, i just thought you was weird as shit." He shrugged.

"Sooo Nijah and Nomaj." She nodded.

"Nomaj and Nijah, im older den you." He reminded.

"Right." She chuckled.

"You nervous? Stop." He deadpanned. "So, who you staying with?"

"Umm, my parents. Adopted parents Amy and Max."

"The treat you good?" He asked.

"They treat me." She nodded with a small smile.

"Meaning?"

"Meaning it's the best ima get." She said truthfully.

"That's not answering my question." He deadpanned.

"They treat more of a mannequin on display or a trophy. See, my dad works for a company and he was losing sales because people thought he was prejudice or racist so they got a black kid..."

"So they could pull the I'm not racist card." Nomaj finished and she nodded looking down at her fingers.

"They put they hands on you?" He asked.

"When I was younger." She shrugged.

"It was regular ass woopins or it left a mark?"
He asked outta curiosity.

"Umm, I don't really wanna talk about it, umm so mom and dad what are they like?" Nijah asked.

"Pops dead, and mama somewhere we not." Nomaj shrugged.

"I- you dont sound like you really care."

"I don't." He shrugged.

"And what did you mean by mom?"
She asked.

"She somewhere away from me and you. She alive and healthy but we just not cool right now." He shrugged and she nodded.

"I would love to meet her. Only if she wants to meet me." Nijah said and her brother just looked at her.

"I'll try." He sighed.

"But if she doesn't want to meet me that's fine too, I mean I went this long without her I'll be fine." She chuckled softly. He just bit the inside of his jaw and nodded his head.

"So, you have any kids?" Nijah asked.

"1 on the way." He said and she nodded. From there on out they just kept the conversations going and asking each other's questions.

"I know you is not mad at that girl." Mahogany stale faced looking at Sekani.

"Fucking right I'm mad, how she gone cut me off." He frowned.

"You giving off delusional vibes your want ha but youn want ha with nobody else? Make it make sense." Mahogany said squinting her eyes.