Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

(May 19, 2011)

10:30 AM

38 Weeks

Lucca's Point of View

I suddenly woke up, I could feel my body was covered in goosebumps. I could feel a headache coming and I felt a strong cramp in my abdomen. I can't believe out of all the dreams I could have had, my brain decided to give me a worst case scenario for when my baby comes... I sigh and try rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

It's kick out day... and I'm a ball of anxiety... I was watching TV in my dorm to distract myself until Tony and Nathan come help me, but I accidentally fell asleep. They agreed to give me a ride home and move back in. I feel guilty that I will probably never be able to repay the kindness they have shown me, but I can only pray that God can give them all the happiness they deserve in this life and more. This may be the last time I see them and that makes today a lot more painful than the previous kick out days.

I don't know what's going to happen at home. I wonder if I'll still be able to go to school or not... All these questions in the air made me ill. Well it didn't help that my back was hurting more than usual and the cramps were kicking in again, but maybe it's my baby trying to remind me that he's a little cramped inside. My doctor recommended that next week I should be taken in to get C-section performed because the baby would be at 40 weeks and while yes the virus may have caused a few changes to make this baby possible..., thankfully there was not enough change to have the baby exit naturally which I'm very ok with.

I yelp as I feel a shooting pain up my back. I tense up and freeze for a moment to let the pain just ease away. Once it seemed like everything was ok, I relaxed and reached for the nearest pillow, hugging it tightly in case another contraction occurred. I asked my doctor about these small-ish contractions during my last visit, my doctor has assured me everything was ok and that it was 'practice contractions'. They were nothing to really worry about apparently. It happened out of the blue once and while, recently, but that one felt particularly strong.

"Please no more...," I whisper and hug the pillow even tighter as I felt a small dull pain this time, "You'll be out soon... I promise."

I try to ignore the cramps and continue watching TV, waiting for Nathan and Tony to come over. I was still struggling with names, but so far here are my top three that Nathan and Tony helped pick: 1. Connor, 2. Benjamin, 3. Carter. They were nice names, but I'm hoping I choose the right one. I wonder how much trouble my parents had in coming up with my name.

"Ah!" I yelp as once again, a stronger pain shoots up my lower back, "Next week is when you're due..." I mumbled, hugging the pillow closer and almost as if it were a response from the baby, a weaker pain shot through.

Then the pain subsided once again to cramps, they still hurt, but not as much. It was much more bearable which I was sincerely thankful for. Just as suddenly as the cramps occurred, there was a small knock on my door.

"Please come in!" I say loudly and try to adjust myself so I can quickly get up.

The door opened and it was Nathan with Tony behind him. Nathan quickly walks over to me and helps me up.

Nathan looks concerned as he was helping me, "Are you ok? You look pretty pale..."

I look down at my feet, or attempt to since my stomach was in the way and I couldn't really see them, "My lower back hurts, I've been cramping a little bit too and the doctor had said this was normal."

"Is it contractions?" Tony asks.

"I'm pretty sure they're just Brax-" I yelp as again, a big shock of pain washed over me on my lower back.