43

"can i come in?" the voice was almost deafening to hear. like a persistent ringing over and over again.

i nodded, shrugging my shoulders. "i guess." i managed to croak out. "did seungmin snitch on me?"

"yeah uhm- he mentioned that you were here so i thought i'd stop by." she stepped inside the brisk studio, the blinding lights almost too much to handle this morning.

i sighed, closing the door behind her. "what's up? why are you here?" the annoyed tone was quite obvious in my voice as i spoke.

"i wanted to apologize- for the way i acted. i had no right to act that way towards you. i'm really happy for you, you know that right?" her voice cracked harshly. i didn't react- allowing her to continue on. "you mean more to me than anything and..i hope you can forgive me. but jae, you know i have to go right."

i sniffled a tad, nodding my head. "of course." she took a few steps closer to me, pulling me into a light hug. i froze, reciprocating after a few seconds. the hug felt calming, no anger or hatred. i pulled away gently, tapping her back. "when is your flight?" i mumbled.

"two hours, i just wanted to stop by to say goodbye." she smiled weakly. an alarm on her phone went off, signaling that it was time to go. beck looked up at me, tears filling in her eyes. "you promise to come see me?" she chuckled.

the tears were brimming my eyes as well. i nodded, smiling along with her. "pinky promise." and with that, she left- her suitcase trailing behind her. my heart felt like had it shattered into a million tiny pieces.

-