Chapter 1 ~ Back again

You walk into Hogwarts. It was two days before summer term started so no students around, just teachers getting ready. You where the new muggle studies teacher, being half-blood and growing up in a muggle household you knew and understood muggle stuff.

"(y/n)" a cheerful voice said "dumbledore, hello" you smile "It has been an age since I have been here". You remember your school memories and smile again.

"It is great to have you back and teaching," Dumbledore said, a twinkle in his eyes. "Now excuse me".

You nod and walk off to your room. It was nice and cosy. Unpacking your stuff you go and check on your classroom and decide to walk around and explore Hogwarts again.

"(y/n)?" you hear behind you. Turning you see Snape.

"Snape" you say smiling "how has it been? I didn't know you taught here"

"I have been fine and yes" Snape said, "I have been teaching here for some time. I'm guessing you are filling up the muggle studies job".

"Yeah" you smile at him. He looked around the same as he did before, just older, and worry lines crisscrossed his face.

"So" he said "I hope to see you tomorrow for the feast" he mumbled walking away.

You sigh a bit. Did you want to talk more to Snape, catch up maybe? You didn't know. Putting your mind off him you finish getting ready to teach.