|11|

Soleil

I relentlessly drum my fingers on the wooden arm chair, flicking my gaze down the hall, and then to the door in which I'm waiting to open.

Oddly enough, the President of the Group chose for his office to be in the office that used to be for a principal. Go figure.

This meeting is important, and it's all I've been thinking about for the past few days as the new information has officially sunken in.

Aliens. They're aliens. Fray is an alien.

Somehow I know it, feel it to my very core. I never questioned or doubted it after the proof I was shown. I was alarmed, sure, but not in denial.

It's a miracle that I didn't scream bloody murder as soon as I put the pieces together. I kind of just... shut down. My joy at being hugged and touched by my dream man was stamped out by the fact that he's not even human. Seeing the spaceship so casually situated in the middle of the woods was my undoing. I couldn't speak, I could hardly breathe the whole time I walked around the ship,

As soon as I returned home, I knew I had to do something about it. I had to tell someone. The Group needs to know that these enormous men are aliens, and that they mean us no harm.

Maybe then it will make sense to them, like it does to me, and then they will see reason, they have to.

It's taken me a while to accept the fact that Fray and his friends aren't humans. And I avoided seeing him as a result. I didn't know what I would do if I saw him and his glowing yellow eyes again. The idea of his strange nature disturbs me and excites me all at the same time. I don't know what it is about it. The thought of adventure, the semblance of something new in my monotonous life.

If I went to go see Fray, I don't know if I would run away from him or towards him. I'm caught in the middle. I'm not sure which way I would go.

The wooden door creaks as it opens, revealing President Garick in all his glory. He's bald, tall, and has an air of arrogance surrounding him like a magnetic force determined to repel me. Unfortunately, I'm strong enough to resist the force of repulsion, therefore I must suffer through his company.

"Oh, Soleil, how nice of you to join me. You wanted to talk?" He wonders out loud, his hand still locked on the doorknob.

I all but glare at him. I've been waiting for days to talk to him. He was apparently too busy to talk to someone as unimportant as me. I shrugged the insult off, I'm really not surprised at all. That's the sad part.

"Yes, Mr. President. I have something very important to talk to you about." I confess uncomfortably. His gaze runs up and down my nervous form, nodding his head dismissively.

"Well, come on in." He says, opening the door wider to let me pass.

I wring my hands, accepting his invitation and walking into his large office. I've only been in here once or twice, so it's strange to be back again. I feel a little uncomfortable here, especially under these circumstances. He's going to think that I'm crazy as soon as I open my mouth. I'm going to make a fool of myself. I don't really care though, as long as I have a shot of helping Fray. If they're granted access inside the compound, then we can be together.

Picturing a life with him is like a dream, I realize how much I want him, even after the shock of him not being human.

Taking a seat, I silently observe President Garick slide behind his desk and plop into his expensive leather chair. He props his elbows up on the table, folding his fingers together. He smiles at me. I lean away from him.