Chapter Fifteen

Hey loveliess!

Chapter 15 is up! Yay! Hope you like it ;)

Comment, Vote, Fan! :D

Chapter Fifteen

Chace Phillips

‘Troy…’ I said in my mind softly. But no reply.

‘Troy!’ I shouted this time. Still, only silence.

Throughout all my driving towards home, I’ve been trying to connect with him through the link. I felt that there was no barrier of some sort on his mind, but he was not answering.

Well, that drove my nerves to the edge.

When I arrived at my pack lands, I recognize the trees that were zooming by, but I never knew this route was interconnected with the Aqua pack. I made myself a mental note to make sure I discover the hidden short cuts soon.

In just minutes, we pulled into my house. Mom and Anna came rushing to my car. Mom hugged me fiercely and Anna was in soft blue, her eyes were showing a hint of sadness, but there was a glint of happiness at the same time.

That, I didn’t understand. What could it possibly mean?

“Oh Chace, it’s good that you’re home. They’re inside...Richard, Ramon…” she looked at Chief Richard. Ramon stalked from the trees, his fur looked all over the place and it was a crimson red. His jaw was hard and just nodded at Anna and mom. He rejoined at Chief Richard’s side.

“Are they okay?” I asked mom as we entered the house. She just nodded and led us at the guest rooms where they probably are rested. I couldn’t hear any other voices in the house, so I knew they were either sleeping, or didn’t woken up yet from the effects of the drug.

“Did the pack doctor checked on them?” Mom nodded again. And again, no answer.

“Where’s Alexis and Mia?” I asked, testing her one last time.

“Upstairs, sleeping…” Finally, some interaction.

Then it hit me. For the second time if the day, that intoxicating scent hit my senses full force, making me stumble back a few steps. That sweet strawberry with a hint of rain scent.

Soulmate, was all that interlaced in my mind, making me bubble up in happiness inside. Mom held my elbow for support, but didn’t say a word. She just stared at me, like I did something wrong.

Really now? The drama that happened this morning hasn’t subsided yet?

Great. I don’t have the energy to take all this in yet.

“Richard, Jeremy and Caden are in that room. Allyra is in this one. Troy is too…” she looked at Chief Richard, and then turned her gaze at me.

“Thank you, Marie. I’ll check on Jeremy and Caden first…” Richard opened the door to Jer’s and Caden room, and Ramon tailed in after. He shut the door tight.

I was standing in front of the other door, and I hesitated. My hand was on the door knob, but I didn’t turn it. I sighed.

“Go on Chace, Troy is excited to see you” Anna tugged at my knee. I gasped. I turned to look at her and mom, who were smiling widely.

“Really?” I asked them. They both nodded eagerly and I smiled.

I turned the door knob slowly, taking my time. When it was opened a crack, I peeped my head in. There, I saw Troy on the bed, his body was on his soulmate’s, cuddling. His fur was a soft pink, and his eyes were closed.