a guide to how it works

------------------> THERE WAS A REASON THAT MANY STRONGLY BELIEVED IN THE TERM 'PUREBLOOD SUPREMACY'

------------------> THERE WAS A REASON THAT MANY STRONGLY BELIEVED IN THE TERM 'PUREBLOOD SUPREMACY'. Granted, the reason differed from person to person and the real truth of those two words had been lost to most, but the Sisterhood knew it so well that they could recite the explanation in their sleep.

A long time ago, these extremely intelligent wizards altered their very gene by fusing it with something else in order to pick up a certain trait.

Salazar Slytherin, for example, managed to combine his gene with that of a snake to learn how to speak its language; and when he had children since the snake gene was fused into his, they managed to gain this ability as well. And so did his grandchildren, great-grandchildren and so on.

The wizards and witches who lived in places such as India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Nepal and such also had the same idea as he did and began fusing their genes with that of a snake's on a much larger scale. Hence, the reason why most of the magical communities of these countries were fluent in the language of parseltongue.

There were others like Altair Black, one of the greatest portioners in history, who managed to invent a potion whereupon which the user could morph one's face into the other -this was before the polyjuice potion was invented- and somehow managed to get this motion fused into his genes, and thus was the reason why his son, Marius, could keep changing his face, hair and body.

These types of traits were classified as Inherited Traits.

Unfortunately, the potions and rituals that had been used by these great people to gain and bring such traits into their bloodline had been lost to time.

However, there was also another category of abilities which was known simply as, Acquired Abilities.

These abilities were so unique, so special and so rare that there could only be three people in the entire world who had each of these abilities at one particular time.

It was only when a person with an acquired ability passed away, did their ability to get chosen to be in another's soul.

This was not inheritable, meaning that just because one of your parents had it, meant that you would definitely not get it.

Another clause to having an acquired ability was that it was only seen in purebloods who had at least seven centuries of muggle-free blood flowing through their veins. Hence, the reason why the term Pureblood Supremacy had been coined.

To have a family member, relative or friend with an acquired ability was thought to be a great honour, simply because it was so rare and they were so powerful.

The Sisterhood knew all about these acquired abilities. How could they not, when each of them had one themselves?

And to preserve their abilities with themselves, they all drank a special potion that had been invented by Morgana Le Fay herself. A potion, which upon drinking even once, would cause you to stop ageing immediately, rendering you to be immune to old age and Death by anything except a direct Avada Kedavra to the heart.

This potion was traditionally drunk by the members of the Sisterhood after giving a very complicated oath on their twenty-first birthday, which was arithmetically a very lucky number, and this was the reason why all of the members were forever frozen in their early twenties despite being much older.

The Sisterhood had a strength of twenty-one members and the total number of acquired abilities were ten: Beast Speaking (the ability to talk to all animals, birds, aquatic life and creatures), Elemental (the control over fire, water, air and earth), Natural Legilimency (those who could read minds of others), Shape-shifting (those who could change their forms into any human, animal, bird, creature or aquatic life. Basically, a combination of an animagus and metamorphic), Seer (one who could See the future), Empath (one could feel and control the emotions of others), Sensor (those who could control the five sense organs of another), Compulsor (those who could literally just ask, and they would receive), Healer (one who could heal very proficient. They themselves do not get any injuries, and can heal small wounds and broken bones of others with nothing but a glance if they so desired) and the rarest and most undocumented ability of them all, a Necromancer, which was so unique because there have only been seven cases ever seen in history.

This guild would collect female members who had been gifted with an acquired ability with their consent. Some, like Cassandra and Sybill Trelawney and Queenie Goldstein, would politely refuse, and after they passed on to the next great adventure, their ability would be given to another.

The only exception to the above statements was a necromancer, as that ability for some odd reason was only bestowed randomly in not any particular number and very scarcely throughout the millenniums.

Anyway, one of the goals the Sisterhood wanted to do was make sure that all the acquired abilities were born into females, and then collect those people into their guild, so that the power of the Sisterhood would be unmatched since nobody else would ever be able to gain an acquired ability since the three people who already had it would essentially, never die.

They had mostly succeeded in their mission, having collected and stopped anybody from gaining the abilities of Empathy, Elemental, Beast-Speaking and Healing.

Four down, six to go.

So when the eighth Necromancer to grace this planet had been born and for the very first time ever, as a girl, did anybody really think that they could prevent the Sisterhood from taking the child under their wings?

Of course not, because they were going to love and guide Calissa Potter into her destiny and stand beside her through thick and thin; because that's just what sisters did.

~ AUTHOR'S NOTE ~

For those of you who want a more clear idea on the members of the Sisterhood and their abilities, I will be slowly introducing them as the Chapters go. I hope I've done well at explaining the vague idea in my mind, and I'm sincerely sorry if I haven't. More information and clarity on this guild will be provided as I write it and please leave any questions you have in the comments and I will do my best to answer them! Thanks for reading!