Chapter 8 | what destiny means

-----------------------------> CALISSA POTTER HAD LED A BLESSED CHILDHOOD, and that was putting it lightly

-----------------------------> CALISSA POTTER HAD LED A BLESSED CHILDHOOD, and that was putting it lightly. Growing up with a ton of older sisters led to her being a tad spoilt and for the most part, it had been brilliant. With so many clashing personalities, Calissa could safely say that she had been to numerous places and tried a variety of things that others of her age might not have; but perhaps the most vital lesson she had been taught in her young life was the power of women.

While the rest of the world seemed to celebrate patriarchy, the Sisterhood was centred around the importance of women, their might, intelligence and abilities. After all, the members themselves were glaring proof of their independence and power.

The Sisterhood taught her to have confidence in herself, to not depend on anybody and have absolute surety in her decisions. Just because people thought something was wrong did not technically make it incorrect. The Sisterhood taught her to embrace her individuality— all her flaws and strengths, her quirks and smiles.

They also treated her like a person who was more than capable of making her own decisions regarding life— something that most adults tended not to allow their children to do. If Calissa did not want to do something, she needed to only voice it out and by hook or by crook, it would be done.

So, when Calissa abruptly halted a corridor before the Great Hall, Hera simply smiled at her, letting her know that everything was going to be okay.

Meanwhile, Albus Dumbledore frowned at her action, or rather lack of it. "Is there something wrong, dear girl?"

Swivelling to face the Headmaster, Calissa stated clearly and confidently. "I don't want to go to the Great Hall."

Dumbledore's frown deepened but he nodded his head. "Alright. Might I ask why?"

"You can but I am not obliged to answer," Calissa responded. "So, is there any other place to eat in this small manor?"

"Castle," Dumbledore corrected, ignoring Hera's snort at that, before resuming to answer. "I can show you to the kitchens."

Calissa smiled. "The kitchens sound like a lovely place to eat dinner."

Even at a distance, Calissa was able to hear the loud chatter coming from the direction of the Great Hall, the noise had enlightened her with the precise weight of what walking into there would have allowed people to do.

She was sure by now, the other three champions would have filled everybody in on the events that took place in the tiny classroom a few hours earlier and although she had known that she would have to meet new people when she arrived at Hogwarts, she was just able to comprehend how much.

They would stare at her— as if she were a hippogriff in a paddock and scrutinise her, wondering so many greatly stupid things about what she had been doing the past years and what she would do in the future.