Chapter 5 | and so they choose

--------------------> DEATH WAS A VERY COMPLICATED SUBJECT to debate about, especially considering everybody felt differently regarding it

--------------------> DEATH WAS A VERY COMPLICATED SUBJECT to debate about, especially considering everybody felt differently regarding it. Some found it a blessing, others a curse. Some thought it to be kind and merciful while others reckoned it to be brutal or cruel.

However, Calissa was sure that all would agree that Death wasn't partial nor did it discriminate between the sinners and the saints. It just took and took and took.

Nobody could truly escape Death. Not Herpo the Foul who made a Horcrux, not Nicolas Flamel who invented the Philosopher's stone, not the Peverell brothers who had initially managed to trick it and not even the members of the Sisterhood with their 'immortal' potion that rendered them ageless and invincible with their Achilles heel of the killing curse.

They were all just trying to delay the inevitable, only they could choose the manner in which they would greet Death.

Currently, Calissa felt it was a travesty that her sisters could only be killed with a direct avada kedavra, especially considering in moments like this, she was overwhelmed with the sudden urge to ring their necks.

There weren't many incidents that Calissa could remember where she had been genuinely annoyed with them-- like whenever Hera used to bring her on her dates and the time when Sofia had begun pursuing a lovely veela with a passion to set herself into flames and continuously brought her home; immediately sprung to mind.

Now, there was another incident that could be added to the ongoing list which involved a mini-war occurring amongst them to decide who gets to accompany Calissa to Hogwarts that day, where, according to Arundhati's vision, a compulsory wand-weighing ceremony was scheduled to occur.

They weren't going to let Calissa go to an odd school filled with stupid wizards alone, of course. Although she hadn't entered the tournament herself, Calissa had warmed up to the idea of participating, especially when she had read about the tasks that had been conducted in the previous ones.

As someone who grew up with wild, dangerous creatures and plants around her --not to mention, Hera, who was twice as scary as a Hungarian Horntail on a good day-- the tasks truly excited her and she couldn't wait to see which ones she would have to face since Arundhati was being mute regarding it.

Her sisters --everyone of them-- wanted to join her or at least pay witness to the tasks happening in person, a pensive was simply not enough. They had all babied and spoilt her, standing by her side ever since she had been a little toddler. They had celebrated and documented every one of her milestones with pride and Calissa personally felt they were going through a case of the 'Empty-Nest Syndrome' before she even left.

After that chat with Arundhati, Calissa had indeed announced that she would like to stay at Hogwarts after she arrived there, which successfully caused an uproar among her sisters who spent the next few hours listing why that was a horrible idea.