Chapter 29

THEA

My head was preoccupied with the thoughts about Olivia, no matter how hard I tried to forget it. I tried to ignore it but it wouldn't leave my head. I was no longer crying, but I was still not over the loss of a sister I only just found out.

I lost everyone. I was not sure how to feel about that.

Letting out a deep sigh, I continued typing on my computer. I tried to keep myself busy with work so I wouldn't be thinking about Olivia. I couldn't be thinking about her all the time. I must let her go, I had to. She was already happy up there and pain free, that was all that mattered. Though I wished things wouldn't have to go like this.

"I can't believe it's 15 days left before Christmas," I heard Bella said. "I can't wait to visit my parents."

"You're going to Cardiff?" I heard Grey asked.

"No, Portsmouth. What about you?"

"I'm going to Austria to visit my sister's family."

"What about you, Thea? Where will you celebrate Christmas this year?"

Shifting my eyes from the computer screen, I turned to them. "Well, I guess I will be in Paris, after celebrating it in my in laws' house first, of course. Arthur arranged a trip for the two of us."

Last week, Arthur announced that we were going to celebrate Christmas in Paris, just the two of us. We would still celebrate it with Arthur's parents though, we would be leaving the night after that.

I was ecstatic when he arranged the trip to Paris. I had always wanted to go there, because who wouldn't? It was the city of love, and there were so many cool places to visit there, especially the iconic Eiffel Tower.

"Girl you are so lucky, makes me want to get married so my future husband can take me there too."

I smiled. "I'm sure you will one day, Bella."

"It's about time you and Steve make it official, Bels." Grey said this time.

I almost forgot that Bella had gone on a date with Steve Daniels from the I.T a few times. Steve was a nice guy, and funny too. They were pretty close and I could see that Steve really liked her, and Bella did too.

A few hours after that, we left the office to go home where Arthur had already waited for me at the lobby. Just by seeing him made me feel better.

"Hey, how was work?" He asked as I buckled up.

"It was okay as usual. How's yours?"

"It was okay too," he said as he started driving. "I can't wait to leave to Paris with you."

That made me smiled. "Me too. I can't wait to explore the whole city."

"We will explore the city in 15 days."

It was really exciting to be thinking about it, even more that I would be there with Arthur. There was nothing I wanted more than being with Arthur. I felt like I had loved him even more each days.

"Arthur?"

He turned to me. "Yeah?"

"I love you."

That made him smiled, the smile that I loved to see. "I love you too, darling."

Oh how nice to hear it from him.

It was such a relief that I could finally tell him how I felt without being afraid of rejection. Because I knew that now he loves me too. It was crazy to look back to a year ago when we got married. When there was no love in this marriage. It was crazy how time could change everything, including your heart.