thirty.

Warm rectangles of sunlight beamed through the closed blinds, dappling the figure wrapped in the covers on a bed pushed against the farthest wall. Hoseok opened his eyes slowly, running his fingers through his red hair, eyes drifting over the room he was in. 

He rolled to the side, throwing his arm over his eyes to shade himself from the sunlight. Prying the sleep from his eyelids, he sat up, immediately catching the scent of something sweet. The corners of his mouth lifted up as he figured out the source of the smell. Letting his feet wing to the floor, Hoseok carried himself to the bathroom to slip a shirt onto his bare chest.

After a few minutes, Hoseok made his way down, finding a familiar figure in his kitchen, too concentrated to notice him. Hoseok smiled and sidled up to the thin frame without a sound, and pulled him into a loving backhug. The male in his arms jolted slightly, before relaxing into the latter's chest. 

"Hey hon, sleep well?" Yoongi hummed softly, turning off the stove and turning to face Hoseok. 

The younger immediately caught sight of the darkened red marks decorating Yoongi's pale skin, and smirked. 

Yes, they finally had their momentous first time. 

The image of his heated lover, looking like an angel beneath him, still rung fresh in Hoseok's mind. The younger pressed soft kisses along Yoongi's jawline, nuzzling his nose into his neck. The latter blushed and stroked Hoseok's nape, smoothing the waves of hair against his neck, before pulling him up for a soft peck.

After breakfast and million of Hoseok's compliments at the food, the couple was cuddled up on the couch, simply enjoying each other's warmth. Hoseok intertwined their fingers together, and Yoongi shifted to fit comfortably in his embrace, happy to rest his sore legs.

Suddenly he remembered something and looked up at Hoseok with glittering eyes.

"Jimin called today, when you were still sleeping. I didn't want to wake you,"

Hoseok brightened and softly urged Yoongi to continue.

"He only said 'Tae's dad is free'. I don't know what that means though..."

The sunny grin fell off of Hoseok's face, which Yoongi immediately noticed.

"Baby, what happened? Did I say something wrong?"

Hoseok softened his gaze and gently kissed his boyfriend's forehead.

"It's nothing like that, kitten. He meant 'free' as in free from jail."

Yoongi widened his eyes, shock streaked across his face.

"Jail? But, T-tae...?"

"I know, and Tae must be ecstatic seeing his father again. He's naïve. He'll trust him again."

"Hobi, what did Tae's father do?" Hoseok took a deep breath, shutting his eyes for a moment.

"He killed Tae's m-mother..."

Yoongi gasped and buried his face into Hoseok's shirt, feeling his eyes prick and fill.

"That man is evil. Always had been, always will be. I've felt the hatred in his heart and it could break Taehyung permanently."

Yoongi carefully pulled away, taking a glance at the photo on the mantel above the fireplace. it showed all seven of them, back when Namjoon was visiting, all of them with beaming smiles  and happy faces. He looked at Taehyung's innocent and joyful grin.

"Tae doesn't deserve to be hurt again. We have to help him, Hobi..."

Hoseok gave a sad smile at his boyfriend's words, pulling him closer to his chest.

"We will, angel... But, let's give you some time to heal, yeah?"

Yoongi flushed crimson and hid his red face behind his hands. Hoseok laughed and pulled his fingers away, showering kisses on Yoongi's puffy cheeks. 

"Tae's stubborn, though. He won't listen easily, Hobi..."

"Well, it's all of us against him, He'll be convinced by his hyungs and Jeongguk..."

"We're all he has..."

-------------------------------

ik ik

im am so so so sorry for the long ass wait

but im back now that hell—

sorry autocorrect

—school started again

<333

- cks