CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

so many new books in mind, so many yet to finish

***

two weeks later

"Jungkook!", Lyza yelled through the small apartment they were staying in for now. They had left Miami only one day after their ways crossed but up until now they hadn't decided yet where to move permanently. It was obvious that their old hometown wasn't going to be the place to stay-, just because of all of the history they had there.
"What?", Jungkook looked up from the TV he was sitting in front of all morning. He had watched the news and then got caught up in some series that was on screen for three hours straight.

"I think I found a kindergarden where we can put Taejeon", she said, walking into the room as she sat down next to him. "Oh, really? Here?", Kook asked a little confused, "You wanna stay here?"

"Why not? It's a small city, nothing too big. It'd be good for Taejeon to grow up here instead of a huge town like Miami or anything else, don't you think?"

"Yeah but do you want to stay in a small town?", Jungkook lifted his brows.

"I was only thinking about the kid", Lyza shrugged, "He should be the priority. And I think that'd be the best for him to grow up."
"Taejeon isn't going to be comfortable in a place where his parents aren't comfortable", Jungkook chuckled, "He's very sensitive to his surroundings and only comfortable when the people around him are too. Like, when we were at Taehyung Taejeon only got comfortable when he realized that I wasn't uncomfortable anymore."

Lyza sighed.

"Dad", Taejeon suddenly ran into the room, holding up a paper. "Look Dad, I draw you", he giggled amused and ran over to his father, handing him a drawing. It was a huge mess of colors and in the middle of it sat a little bunny.
"That's a bunny, Taejeon, not your Dad", Lyza reminded the boy but Taejeon only gave her a confused look, "No Dad has same teeth", he explained firmly, "Look, I have Dad's teeth too", he giggled and showed Lyza his brightest smile, showing off his tiny bunny teeth as well.

"Oh you really have", Lyza said surprised.

"Yes, so Dad and me are bunnies."

"That must be it", Lyza smiled, "So do you think you have something from your Mommy as well?"

Taejeon tilted his head a little confused and went silent before he slowly turned to his father and climbed onto his lap so he could whisper something in his ear, "Is it bad when I say I just have you?", he looked utterly irritated when he faced his father who's heart just dropped a little. "But Taejeon, I told you that you have a Mom. It's Lyza, I told you that", he whispered back but Taejeon only nodded like the good boy he was.
"I know that, that is why I ask."

"Taejeon please", Jungkook let out a heavy sigh, "Be nice to your mother."

Taejeon crossed his arms and then looked at Lyza for a long time before he finally replied to her question, "Yeah, you know how I stopped going to kindergarden?", he smiled. "I think I am good at not being around. Mommy taught me that."
And with that he left his parents in shock, smiled innocently and jumped down from his father's lap, giving him a bittersweet smile, "I asked before I said something", he shrugged and then ran off, giggling.

"I'm sorry Lyz", Jungkook hummed, "He usually can't even say full sentences. I didn't know he can say shit like that."

"He's right", the girl said quickly, "How is a child supposed to understand that it isn't always their parents choice to be in their life or not?"
"Isn't it tho?", Jungkook only lifted his brows, "I'm sorry to say that but in my opinion it's always up to the parents whether they stay in their child's life or not."