: 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚

no role modelz ; j

no role modelz ; j.cole

a few months ago...

she brushed through her hair for what seemed like the millionth time that morning. her hands shook as she finished buttoning the top of her ua uniform. 'the first day is always the worst' her mother had told her a few days prior. and she was right. she had no idea what to expect when she was accepted into class 1-a at the famous ua high. would she do well? would the students like her?

she quickly ate her breakfast and said her goodbyes to her mother before heading out the door, her hands clutching the straps of her backpack in anticipation. a nervous smile couldn't help but find it's way onto her face. as as she looked up at he building, her heart raced.

she didn't have much difficulty finding the classroom, surprisingly enough. she didn't give herself time to hesitate as she walked into the classroom. i have to focus on doing my best, not hesitating at the door. she thought to herself.

her ears filled with a quiet chatter, and the not so quiet sound of a stern voice scolding someone.
"take your feet off of that desk now!" a tall figure stood over a desk, and if it hadn't been for the standard ua uniform said figure was wearing, y/n would've mistaken him for a teacher.

she let her eyes linger for a moment in curiosity. "huh?" the person on the receiving end of the scolding retorted back. "it's the first day of school and you're already disrespecting school property by scuffing it you cretin!" the not-teacher raised his voice again. she shook her head lightly, turning her eyes away from whatever the hell was happening there and instead looked out the window as she made her way to the back.

"you're kidding me right? your old school put a stick up your ass or were you born with it?" the girl smiled slightly at this. he's not wrong she thought. her eyes wandered again, landing on a vaguely familiar green fluff who stood in the doorway. she dropped her bookbag and walked over hurriedly, stepping into his line of vision.

"uh, deku?" she asked in a questioning tone, not quite sure if it was really the same kid from middle school. "y-y/n? is that actually you!?" the look on his face was some painful looking mix of horror and excitement. she nodded, slowly at first, but as a smile crept up on her face she nodded more eagerly. "and uh, actually, it's midoriya, izuku midoriya." he corrected shyly.

she slapped a palm to her face. "oh my god! i'm so sorry! it's just that— you know what? there's no excuse. i'm sorry, midoriya. it's so nice to see you again!" she gave him a close eyed smile and stuck out her hand. he returned the expression, but with a still slightly frightened look in his eye. the boy took her hand, shanking it before they both let their hand fall back to their side.

when midoriya didn't speak for a moment, she followed his terrified gaze over her shoulder. and then it clicked. it made sense why he had been shaking in his metaphorical boots when she had come over. it hadn't been her scaring the living daylights out of the boy. it was him.

; not edited