The Hogwarts Express

AN: Hey! Just wanted to say that in here the Apollo Trials never happened. And I hope you're okay!

.....

Nico appeared in a train station, it was crowded with many families and was so loud that he cringed at the sound. In front of him, there was a gleaming red train with various windows in which many children were either talking among themselves or waving at their parents. He griped his suitcase and duffel bag gripping them tightly and entered the train. Nico walked until he found an empty compartment since he wanted some time alone, knowing that when he arrived he had to act friendly again. In a sense, it was a bit more difficult because he has to actually interact with other people and be sociable. Something he didn't really like, he only enjoyed the company of Reyna, his boyfriend, and at times Jason and a few Apollo kids. Although he couldn't deny that the presence of Annabeth was somewhat refreshing seeing as she respected his boundaries and could have an intelligent talk with him, unlike other demigods who could sometimes be incredibly dense.

Suddenly he heard a knock on the compartment door interrupting his thoughts and groaned wanting to be alone. Nevertheless, he opened it and there was a redheaded girl with hair that came down in soft waves. "Hey, sorry but all the other compartments are full and my friends and I need somewhere to sit."

"Sure, it's no problem. You can sit here." Nico said not letting annoyance seep into his voice.

"Thanks! I'm Ginny, by the way." She said and extended her hand. Nico for a few seconds forgot that it was the 21st century and instinctively took her hand and kissed the back of it as his mother taught him to do with ladies. Mentally he screamed in frustration as he realized that they didn't do that anymore but tried to play it off and threw her a dazzling smile.

"I'm Nico di Angelo." He said a friendly mask on, trying to distract her if she had seen his stressed face fell for the millisecond that it did. He saw this worked when she blushed profusely and turned her head to face the hallway.

"Guys! I found a compartment!" Ginny yelled and soon after Nico heard footsteps nearing his compartment and internally frowned at having to share his compartment with so many people even though it could fit 8 people. He turned his head to see three familiar faces come in.

"Oh, hi Nico! What a coincidence." Hermione said in a cheerful voice as her two friends trailed behind her. Ron frowned clearly annoyed while Harry just gave Nico a smile as a greeting. Nico was a bit relieved that it was people that he already engaged with so he didn't have to introduce himself again. "Hey, I can help you with your bags. Reducio!" Nico's duffel bag and suitcase instantly turned so little he could put them in his pockets. He was surprised by this but didn't show it and just threw her a grateful smile.

Hermione and Ginny apparently wanted to know more about Nico and his life with Harry joining in with the same enthusiasm. He noticed Ron throwing him a few glares whenever he made Hermione laugh and couldn't help but be a bit amused. Nico followed to script everything that Hecate told him to say to the others when they asked where he was from. Although they were a little confused when he said he was an exchanged student since they didn't know Hogwarts had those. After talking for about 30 minutes he claimed that he wanted to read a book and Hermione reversed the spell for one of the books she had made smaller.

The sliding of the compartment door caught his attention. He turned his head and saw a boy at the door with a worried expression. "Hey, guys have you seen Trevor he's lost again." The boy glanced at the students on the compartment and stop at the Italian. "Nico?"

As Nico assessed his face more closely he recognized him as one of the kids from the Demeter cabin. "Neville?" They used to hang out a few times in the summer when he came to camp since Persephone now liked Nico so Demeter "adopted" him too. Therefore, whenever a Demeter kid had trouble with growing an exotic plant or something of the sort Nico helped them since his step-mother and Demeter made it their task to teach him all there is to know about nature.

"What are you doing here?" Nico said switching to Ancient Greek.

"My dad is a wizard," Neville said still shocked that Nico was here. "You?"

"Hecate and my dad sent me on a quest to see that Harry doesn't die or like trip and fall off a cliff," Nico said. The other boy just raised his eyebrows and nodded in understanding.

"So, you two know each other?" Ginny asked breaking the awkward tension.

"Yeah Nico and I go to the same camp on summers," Neville said, it wasn't a total lie and it was enough for them not too suspicious. Neville said that if they saw his toad they should inform him. Nico continued reading his book while the others in the compartment talked.

"In ten minutes we will be arriving." the announcer said by the intercom. The boy and girls separated to change clothes and when they were done the announcer spoke once again saying that they have arrived at Hogwarts once they got out of the train they all walked together to the carriages until he saw a girl about his age with blonde hair and pale eyes.

"Nico?!" 

.....

AN: Hope you liked it. I accept any suggestions or feedback. Stay safe, everyone!