-:- chapter 8 -:- found -:-

He's here.

My brother.

Standing in front of me.

After almost 11 years.

So many things are going through my head right now. But it all comes back to one question.

Why did they leave me?

Why did they leave me? What did I do wrong? Did they not like me? Does he hate me? I was only 6 years old when they left, I don't even consider them family anymore.

My confusion and sadness turns to anger. How could they do that to me? I could have very well died in that alley. If I hadn't left the house, I would have run out of food. And they just left and had a happy life. I mean he has friends, a normal life, probably forgot about me.

But me, I was tortured and raised in a gang. Don't get me wrong - I loved my life and my family the Cuchillos Negros and I wouldn't trade them for the world. 

But they don't know that, for all they know I was killed or sent to an orphanage. I didn't have real parents.

My brain was on overload. I couldn't think or breath so I did the only thing that seemed logical at that moment.

I ran.

Cameron's POV:

It had been a stressful day and all I wanted was to go home and sleep.

When I walked into the living room, I found Ace and Emma and some other dude. That was strange. Being in a gang and all, we don't normally let people know where we live.

"Hey guys, what's goin' on?" I question no one in particular.

"Hey man, this is Carlos. We have a school project together, with him, as well as his sister... Alexa" Ace replied happily.

I flinch at the name. That was the name of my sister.

They knew it pained me to hear that name, that's why he hesitated. But I had to get over it.

I first joined the gang when I was 15 and we tried looking for her but we always came up empty handed. I still look every now and then, like today, the tech guy thought he got a ping but it was a false alarm.

It hurt to not even know if she was alive.

Before I broke down right here, I distracted myself on my phone.

Then someone walked in and when I looked up, I was in shock.

Blond hair, soft face.

And eyes the same as mine.

It can't be. After all these years of searching, she's here.

Oh my lord, my sister is here.

My other half. My twin.

"Cammy?" She whispered, as if it was a question.

"Lexi." I took a step forward, but before I knew it she ran. Straight out the door. Why would she run?

I was in shock. She ...she ran away from me. That hurt. I was hurt.

Wait a minute. 'His sister Alexa' I turn to the guy on the floor with Emma. What was his name again C...Carl...Carlos that's it.

"Carlos?" I warily question.

He stand up and walks toward me with no emotion whatsoever on his face. I must admit this guy was intimidating. "That's me." He looked me up and down. "And you must be the one that broke my sister."

What. What does he mean broke his sister? She's my sister.

"What do you mean broke her?"

"When you left. You and your sorry excuse for parents left a 6 year old girl by herself. She wasn't found for two days. She went looking for you." He laughed a humourless laugh. "Can you imagine that? A tiny little girl wandering the streets. Did you know she ended up in some alleyway? No, you wouldn't because you weren't there. You are so lucky that our dad found her or she would be dead, and you would have no sister. You were meant to be her brother. You were meant to protect her."

A single silent tear slid down my face. I had no idea, of course I wouldn't - I wasn't there. He was right though, I was meant to protect her. She was my other half and I left her. I couldn't find her. Damnit I should have tried harder.

"I'm sorry, I really am, I know it's my fault. I tried looking for her I really did. I thought she was dead" I whisper the last part, as more tears stream down my cheeks. "But [sniffle] why did she run? And why aren't we going after her?"

He sighed "it's best to just leave her for a bit, she's had it rough, not great with emotions. Doesn't trust easily. After about an hour I will go after her. Not you, me. She is my sister, blood or not." I stare him straight in the eye and saw the love he had for her. No, he wasn't 'in' love with her but he felt the need to protect her. I trust him.

I nod my head. I was no longer her only brother.

Brayden's POV:

It's his sister. That's going to make things difficult. Something was off about her, I knew it. The way she holds herself like she has power, control over people. The way I hold myself when with the gang. Then there was the dead look in her eyes she had, when she thought no one was looking.

I'm sure I've seen her before but I can't remember where. Her eyes haunt me. I know them. At first I thought it could have been because they were the same at Cameron's but it's not that.

Something is not right about her and her friend and, whether she's Cameron's twin or not, I will figure out who she is. 

-------------------------------------

A/N - sorry for the short chapter the next one will be longer.

what do you think will happen next ?

don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts.

words - 951