Chapter 5

Harlows POV

All I could think of is what did Angelo want to talk about? I mean haven't done anything wrong have I? Lucas walked me to his office reassuring me I wasn't in trouble which took a weight load off my shoulders.

But still what could have he wanted to talk to me about? I hadn't noticed we were now standing outside his office. Lucas was holding the door open gesturing me to go in.

I walked in. His office was pretty big, it had a huge window looking out into the back garden. Bookshelves lined the walls behind him. He had a big desk that stood in the middle of the room with all sorts of computers on it. A big chair, where he sat was behind the desk. Two small couches sat in front of the desk. Where Angelo gestured me to sit in. Another couch sat on the other side of the room looking out to the view.

"Sit Harlow, Your not in trouble. I just wanna have a chat about some things." I hesitantly headed towards the chair and sat down. He moved whatever documents were in front of him to the side and leaned back into his chair.

"So, as you have probably guessed I have seen your file and your charges. Care to explain?" How was I supposed to explain? I mean, I don't want to but he has this authority that makes me feel like I have to tell him. I'm sure he has already guessed it but wants to make sure his guess is right.

"Well the drug charges were because I got caught one time buying drugs. For myself."  'Lie' "Another time I was found with it in my possession." His eyes softened at that. It was true I use to buy the drugs but they weren't for me they were for my Mam but I couldn't tell him that. For her mom, I got caught twice.

"We both know you didn't buy those drugs for yourself. But for LindaHe raised his eyebrow.  He knows he is right. First name bases, I mean I guess that's what happens when you leave your children.

"No they were mine." I don't know why I continued to lie but I still felt the need to protect her. There was one question I was hoping he wouldn't ask.

"What about the third time you got caught with drugs?" I gulped at that. I didn't want to tell him. For me it was an escape. I wasn't the only one. Me and a few others ditched a class and sat out in the car park smoking weed. Until the police showed up. We gave them a good chase that's for sure. Only to be caught and we were brought to the station. That's when they gave me one more chance or next it would be Juvie. I always took the blame for the other drugs. That I had bought for my mom I didn't want her to get into trouble. Them drugs were probably worse than weed.

"I'll ask again, what about the third time?" His tone was more stern. I took a second and took a deep breath. "The third time was for being caught smoking weed in school." I could tell he was getting angry but was trying to compose himself. Clenching and unclenching his jaw.

"Have you learned your lesson or will I have to check you?" I just shrugged my shoulders. I didn't have any on me but I don't think I can promise that I won't smoke again.

"Harlow have you learned your lesson or will I have to keep an eye on you. You know I like verbal answers."

Okay he was getting mad. He was about to blow. "No, you don't have to keep an eye on me. I haven't done it in a long time." I was right. I haven't actually smoked in a while. I only did it when I was stressed and in my old life I was usually always stressed. Plus I haven't had the money to buy some.