XI-A pleasant surprise

*KNOCKING*

Y/n opened her eyes to the awful sound of knocking, she hasn't slept at all considering how much anime she watched last night.

It was seven in the morning on a Saturday, who could possibly be knocking at her door.

She got off the bed and went to her desk, grabbing the hairbrush she misplaced last night.

Y/n brushed her hair as she approached the door, placing it at the nearest table as she made her way before opening the door.

It was quite cloudy considering it was still early in the morning.

"Finally." the figure stood before her.

Y/n could only see his silhouette so she had to blink a couple of times before realizing who it was.

Kenma.

"Kenma?" she asked, still not able to process what was happening because she was still half asleep, the last thing she remembered was Levi kicking Eren in the face.

She shook her head to wake herself up, almost hitting her door during the process.

Kenma found an opening to the door so he quickly went inside and welcomed himself in.

"You sure there were no fangirls that followed you this time?" Y/n asks Kenma, who was removing his bucket hat and shades.

"Mmhmm." He answered, snuggling into Y/ns couch.

He was tired from his 16 hour flight, he didn't bring much clothes considering he wouldn't be staying for long.

Y/n went to her room and went to get a blanket and a pillow from her cabinet to give to Kenma.

She had a lot of questions to ask him, especially what he was doing inside her apartment or even Connecticut itself without telling her he'll be arriving.

Kenma was fast asleep on her couch while she prepared breakfast for the both of them.

It was now around eight when she finished, the smell of her cooking hit Kenma's nose, causing him to wake up.

He swiftly got up but panicked when he saw Shiro who sat on his chest falling before he caught him.

Thankfully, he landed on his feet.

Shiro was a black cat, who Y/n ironically named after "white" in Japanese because "black" would remind her of a certain nuisance.

Note: Shiro means white when translated to Japanese, while blacks translation is Kuro. (See what I did there? *wink wink*)

Kenma got off the couch and continued to stretched.

"Good, you're awake." Y/n said in a sly tone.

"You sound like you just kidnapped me." Kenma responded with a look on his face.

"Aren't you technically trespassing?" Y/n shot back sarcastically.

He walked over and sat on the chair next to her kitchen counter.

The plate had fluffy scrambled eggs, bacon, and two pieces of toast on it,
Y/n expected Kenma to be hungry.

Y/n was still busy slicing apples for the both of them.

She of course, learned how to cook while watching master chef and hell's kitchen. The thought of being as mean as Gordon with no one calling her out for it amused her.

Living alone wasn't exactly easy, you had to do your own laundry, cook for yourself, and clean up after yourself.

Y/n never liked doing chores, some of their relatives even judges her and occasionally says "What will happen to you when you're married? Still doesn't know how to chores, how pathetic.".