XII-To love again

And so their flight arrived in Tokyo.

Y/n decided not to come home until they're leaving for Miyagi.

She thought of staying at a hotel, but Kenma insisted to let her stay at his new condominium, giving her the spare room.

"Hey." Y/n awkwardly calls to the boy.

"Thanks." she says, with her head down while scratching her head.

"Mhmm." replied Kenma, who was picking out which game he'll stream for tonight.

She felt her stomach grumble and Kenma looked a bit hungry too, so she decided to cook some food.

The girl made her way to his kitchen, looking for food, only to be met with an empty fridge and a cupboard filled with ramen.

She stomped her way to Kenma and crossed her arms.

Kenma felt a glare from the girl so he immediately looked up.

"Y-yes?" Kenma stuttered nervously.

She dropped her intimidating aura and collapsed on the couch next to Kenma.

"You really need to start eating healthier, all I found was instant ramen inside your cupboard." she scolded him.

"I order food sometimes..." he answered.

Y/n looked up to the high ceiling, noticing how dark the place is. Not that she minds.

"I'm gonna buy ingredients from the grocery store, I'll be back." She says, standing up to fix herself.

"Alright." the boy sighed.

She walked over to the side table to grab her wallet and sweater.

As she put it on, Kenma followed behind her.

"Need anything?" Y/n asks, putting on her cap after wearing her sweater.

"I'll drive." he volunteered, grabbing one of his keys from where it was hung.

Y/n smiled to herself, securing the cap.

"Alright."

They made their way out of the building, getting inside Kenma's car.

The car ride was mostly silent and was just them humming to the songs being played on the radio.

As they arrived at the store, Kenma put his hoodie on to prevent being recognized.

But that went downhill right after the guard himself recognized him.

They made their way to the different aisles, Kenma not being able to decide what to get.

He looked at the bright grocery store lights, his eyes narrowing to prevent them from hurting.

As Y/n kept thinking of recipes and food she could cook, Kenma's shifted from what food to get to how she felt.

Kenma shook his head lightly, telling himself he shouldn't interfere with
Y/n's personal life more than he already has.

But he had to know. Even if he thought it was none of his business.

"Y/n." Kenma said in a low, curious, tone softly to avoid people from overhearing their conversation.

"Yes?" Y/n looked at him, curiosity able to be seen in her eyes.

Kenma gathered the courage to say his next words as another part of him tells him to say it's nothing.

"Do you think you'll ever fall in love again?" Kenma asks the girl, catching her off guard.