Chapter 20: Yule Ball

HARRY POTTER-MALFOY?
I am shocked to reveal folks that our own boy-who-lived has had his guardianship placed to The Malfoy family! Yes, this Ravenclaw mystery has confused many with his unexpected house placing, and continues to do so with his new living arrangements. Whilst the circumstances of the sudden change remains unknown, and questioned by many, this reporter is determined to get to the bottom of this!

Harry frowned as he placed the paper back down onto the table. The guardianship had fallen through just a few days ago, involving only himself, Lucius, Griphook and a ministry official, whom had been sworn to secrecy. "How does this Skeeter woman know?" Lucius sipped his tea, face blank as usual. The Lord was the only one paying attention, the children scanning the paper frantically whilst Narcissa tutted and scoffed. "Rita is known to be rather tenacious when it comes to a story, especially a so called scandal. Though it is concerning she discovered even this. It is of no matter though, it would have most likely been revealed when you came home with us at the end of term." Finishing his toast, Harry leant back slightly, the concerned look on his face still not fading. "Yes but now the headmaster has the rest of the year to stop this." He ignored Lucius puzzled expression, although nodding at the understanding looks on his friends faces. "Is Dumbledore a problem?" He didn't respond. Was it? Could Dumbledore condemn him again, would he? "Maybe."

Draco woke the next morning, groaning as messy strands of blonde hair fell across his vision. He turned, burying his face into the pillow as his eyes began to drift shut once again. Surely it was too early to be awake now? Suddenly he shot up, sheets discarded and blearyness eradicated as a notion quickly filled his brain. "It's Yule!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, running down the halls in a desperate attempt to wake his friends and family! His father and Harry were out first, both shooting the deadliest glares in his direction. Draco knew he was a Pureblood, a Malfoy at that, and should hold some more decorum but right now he didn't care. Presents!

Slowly the rest of the group stepped out of their rooms, Lisa and Terry being equally as excited. They arrived on the dining hall, and marvelled at the vast array of treats that lay before them. From french toast, to waffles to profiteroles, every food imagined sat there, waiting. Draco squealed, squealed, before dragging his friends into their respective seats and tucking into the feast before him. Lucius turned to his wife, whose face was graced with an amused expression. "You spoil him." She let out a light laugh, looking on as the children enjoyed their festive breakfast. She'd always wanted more children in the house.

Eventually Draco grew impatient, and finally began coaxing his friends into the sitting room, where an intimidating mountain of presents were piled around the beautiful snowy Christmas tree. "Happy Yule!" He cried, as he thrust presents at his friends. "Now, now Draco, be patient. One at a time." He nodded, sobering at his father reminder, before a wide grin crossed his face upon being passed his gifts. The destruction was quick, and he soon had one pile of presents and another of wrapping paper. From his parents he'd received the Malfoy Heir ring. It was a beautiful silver, with their crest pressed to the front. It was displayed proudly on his hand, and there it would remain until he one day became Lord Malfoy. He'd received several books from Theo and Daphne, and a few pranks from Pansy, as per usual. He'd been grateful for the sweets from Lisa and Terry, but it was Blaise and Harry's gifts that had truly blown him away. Blaise had gifted him an Italian leather-bound journal, with silver snakes embossed around the sides. It was beautiful, and he was touched by the dedication inside, 'To my lifelong friend.' From Harry he'd received a charmed crystal dragon, it's wings beating gently as it curled around a delicate silver tree.

It was Daphne's turn next. She'd also received books from Theo, Draco and Blaise, as was fairly traditional for them. Pansy had gifted her a delicate chain bracelet with a deer charm attached. She smiled brightly as her friend clipped it around her wrist, pulling the brunet into a tight hug. From Lisa and Terry she received an assortment of Turkish delight, apparantely they had noticed her weakness. She laughed delighted, carefully packing it away for later. If anyone noticed the small piece she'd eaten, no one said anything. She grinned when Harry handed over her gift, with an idea of what it would be. "She was surprised when the wrapping was removed to reveal a  thin silver feather, with three emerald stars along the stem. She looked up in surprise as she realised why he'd chosen it, a small tear forming in her eye. They didn't say anything, only smiling gently as she tucked her precious gift away, shrugging at Pansy's shocked expression. (Anyone who can guess what the present means gets to know a secret about how this book ends!)