1. Deewar E Shab | pt I

"I've been searching for you," Vansh said, casually walking to the garden patio, his hands pocketed in his white trousers that matched his shirt.

His calm steps masked the chaos and panic he felt moments ago. When he woke to an empty room, he thought Riddhima had gone down to the kitchen for a glass of water. However, as the clock-hand ticked away with no sign of her, he grew anxious. Unwelcome thoughts invaded his mind with what if's.

What if something had happened to her?

What if she was hurt?

What if...

The what if's were going to turn him insane.

So he pulled the blanket off him abruptly, his slippers forgotten he walked to the hall and kitchen in search for her. When he didn't find her there, he made way to his library, the only other part of the mansion where she could be found with a book in her hand reading leisurely. When he once again walked into a dark and empty room, he felt a loud throb go off inside his chest.

Fear crept into his flesh and bones, where could have she gone?

Fear...

He was always on the other end of the spectrum. Vansh Raisinghania was fear himself.

He paced armed with urgency searching the corners of the mansion, her name on the tip of his tongue wanting to howl out calling for her but swallowed it down. He was going to search every corner of the property before he woke everyone and demanded she be returned to him.

What if she's in Dadi rooms, he thought to himself. He looked at his watch, "Nah. She wouldn't bother dadi at this hour."

With nowhere left to look, he stepped out of the mansion heading towards the guards stationed at the gate. It was the only route out of the grounds she was aware of.

The patio caught the corners of his eyes, his attention drew to the figure in the distance. Changing path Vansh walked to the court instead. Distance between the figure and him closed with every step slowly Riddhima came into view.

His instincts screamed at him to march up to her, grab her by the arms and shake some sense into the girl. To make her aware of the fear and dread she had subjected to him.

However, all fear and anger deserted him once he took in her appearance. She looked serene sitting on the patio swing. Her head leaning on her arm that held the rope, her long dark hair fell to her hips. A soft smile on her face as she stared into the distance of nothingness. Gently, swinging back and forth with perfect ease.

Dressed in her white nightgown, she was the embodiment of a deity.

A deity that gave his chaos peace.

Riddhima's lips curled watching Vansh approach her,"I came looking for the stars."

"Interesting," he said, looking up at the empty sky, his foot on the patio steps the other on the ground.

"But then I gave up," she said with disappointment.

"Good, then let's go back to bed instead."

"Sleep seems to have to forfeit me tonight just like the stars and the moon."

There she went again, back to talking about the moon and stars. She had a strange fixation with them, "What's so special about them? They're just stars. You see them every night."

Riddhima shook her head, "I'm not even gonna try."

"You can always look for your stars and moon from the windows of our bedroom."