5. Yeh Dil Ka Lagana| pt II

Eid Milad un Nabi Mubarak
Have a blessed day💚

***

The doors to the mansion swung open, Vansh walked into the empty dim lit hall. It was late, and everyone had retired to their rooms. Tired, he walked up the stairs. The weight of the day resting on his shoulders, in the dragging of his feet. In the hollowness of his eyes.

Today wasn't about work, it was personal. It was about broken trusts and betrayal, it was about sending out a message.

Careful not to wake Riddhima he discreetly pushed open his bedroom door. The lights were still brightly lit and Riddhima lay fast asleep on the single sofa.

Aate Jaate Mausam Jaise Lagte The Sabhi
Humne Bhi To Manga Rab Se
Apna bhi koi

Placing his car keys on the table wall, he removed his watch and left it next to it. He treaded towards her with every step he felt the weight on his shoulders lift.

The once dragging of his feet now turned to a light bounce eager to reach her.

Standing before her, he kneed slowly and was careful not to wake her. He rested his face in his palm and stared.

His lips curving up into a smile.

Duniya Se Bachar
Palko Mein Chupau

His face brightened and, his eyes lit up as he took in her appearance, the serenity of her face chased away the days dust and weariness.

He gazed at her with admiration, at her button nose where her anger flared. He adored how her black hair framed her pixie face and it's mischief strands he had grown to love. Brushing them away, he ran his knuckles along her pink tinted cheeks; the touch of flesh sparking a bonfire inside him.

She waited for him.

She waited damn it.

Dil Jeet Ke Tera
Sab Ko Batau

Moving his hands under Riddima, he tenderly lifted her off the sofa; her peach dupatta falling to the floor. Her petite frame tacked into him, buried in his chest like she belonged there all along. Light as a feather in his arms he carried her to their bed where he gently rested her.

Returning to the sofa, he picked her dupatta off the floor. Vansh ran his fingers through the fabric suddenly feeling a flicker of envy of the material that clung so close to her. He carried it to her.

Covering her with the dupatta, he sat next to her and began fluffing her pillow. Ensuring her head was well rested.

Sun Gori Sun Gori Sun Gori Sun

"Vansh," she whispered sleepy, her eyes still closed.

"Ssshhh," he whispered back, "sleep."

Ignoring him she sat up rubbing her eyes waking herself up. "Where have you been," she asked weary, rapidly blinking her eyes trying to adjust to the light. "I've been calling you."

Softly he said to her, "I've been busy."

"How's your fever now," she placed her palm on his temple then his neck, sighing in relief.