II. THE NIGHT WE MET

╔════════════════════╗II

II. THE NIGHT WE MET
╚════════════════════╝

1 September, 1972
Platform 9 3/4, Kings Cross Station

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"JAMES! SLOW DOWN!"

"James Fleamont Potter, stop dragging your sister around!" A kind-looking woman in her late sixties scolded.

James finally stopped, rolled his eyes, and said, "Sorry mum, I just want to see my friends again!"

"Didn't you see one of them in Diagon Alley just a couple weeks ago?" questioned the young girl.

"Hush, Ellie dearest. It's not the same as seeing them all. And," James clapped his hands enthusiastically, "I can finally introduce you to them!"

"Now, now. You two can discuss your plans on the train. Get over here and give us our hugs, I'm not getting any younger," said Fleamont Potter, opening his arms out wide for his two children.

James and Eloise gave their parents their goodbyes (with promises to write often), and rushed excitedly onto the train.

As James was leading his younger sister to the back of the train, she spotted a boy who also appeared to be starting his first year at Hogwarts sitting alone in one of the compartments.

He had dark, curly hair, that didn't seem to have a single strand out of place, and his robes were somehow completely unwrinkled. There was an air of superiority surrounding the boy, Eloise noted.

The boy, though, had not noticed the staring girl, as he was too busy staring idly out the window.

"James! We were wondering when you were going to get here! Remus here is busy reading," Eloise could hear the disgust in the boy's voice, "and Pete is too busy trying to eat all the Pumpkin Pasties."

The boisterous boy looked oddly similar to the one Eloise had seen earlier. His hair was also dark and lustrous, although it was less curly than the other boy's. He also had the same grey eyes. Eloise noticed that he smiled a lot.

The grinning boy turned his gaze to the small girl standing by James and quirked an eyebrow, "Who's this?" he asked, catching the other boys' attention.