twenty-four || hell hath no fury

the song for this chapter is Rapture, by Tom Walker :)

***********
No one here to come save me

Got the fear, but who can blame me?

Start running, running, it's the rapture

Coming, they're gonna catch ya

***********

Tate

I marched angrily through the park, completely ignoring Harry calling out my name to come back. It had started to rain, but I didn't care, my face was already wet with tears. I can't believe that someone who lost their own mother, would be selfish enough to put someone else in the same situation. I decided that this was all the proof I needed that everything that happened last night was utter and complete bullshit. I wanted to wash my mouth out with soap, the thought of Harry's lips ever touching mine again was enough to make me sick to my stomach.

I wanted to get out of here. I wanted to hurry up and find the rest of the damned key and get the journals so that I could at least see Abel again. It'd be nice to see a friendly face before I was marched to my death.

I felt the hot tears streaming down my face as I stormed through the wet grass. A couple riding their bikes rode past me and gave me a concerned look, before continuing on their way. I didn't care if I got weird stares, I just wanted to get back to the car and go back to sleep, or even just pretend to be asleep, so I didn't have to look at Harry's face again.

I took a left and kept on walking, trying to find the parking lot. I really wish that I remembered this place, so I could figure out where the hell I was. I was sure I'd stumble out into the parking lot sometime soon, so I just continued on my way.

I could no longer hear Harry's voice shouting after me, and I was extremely grateful for that. I wanted to be away from him, and I think that if I saw him right now, I would punch him right in the face.

Walking further through the park, it slowly became less and less populated. The benches and small attractions it had started to vanish the farther I went. Soon it was just me and the trees, and I came to the conclusion that I was definitely lost. And of course, I didn't have a phone to find directions on, because Harry had stolen it from me, along with my freedom.

I finally stopped walking and buried my face in my hands, soaking them with my tears and rain. My body was shaking now as I just stood there and sobbed, with no one but mother nature to hear my cries.

"What's the matter, pretty lady? You lost?" A deep voice suddenly called out.

I felt chills run up and down my spine, and the tears of sadness I had been shedding quickly turned into tears of fear.

"You know, it's not safe for a little thing like yourself to be alone in a park, even during the daytime," they continued, their voice having a creepy sing-song tone to it.

I heard the sound of leaves and twigs crunching under their footsteps, and I was frozen in panic.

"Although it blows for you that you're lost, it worked out pretty well for me," they spoke, their voice beginning to get louder, signaling that they were closing in on me.