V. KING OF ASGARD

I hastened through the castle in search of Loki

I hastened through the castle in search of Loki. I really was worried, he's never bursted out like that before, even in all his years of jealousy for Thor. Lady Sif and Hogun's words just kept repeating in my mind.

          "He may speak of the good of Asgard, but he's always been jealous of Thor."

          "A master of magic could bring three Jotuns into Asgard."

          No, it's not true. I know my brother better than he knows himself, and anyone who thinks Loki would dare do such a horrible thing is a fool. I kept looking for him and found nothing, until I finally turn the corner and see him across the hall.

   I almost called for him until he walked into the Vault. What is he doing there? I didn't want to interfere since I had to see where this led to, but the doors were closed with guards in front of it. Of course they would just let me in, but I had to make sure Loki couldn't see me.

          Suddenly, I hear steps from across the hallway and I quickly hide behind the corner, peaking to see who it is. Father... he's going to the Vault. I had to think quick of how to get in, before I remembered an invisibility spell Mother taught me, healing wasn't the only thing I learned.

          I quickly casted the spell on myself then slipped through the doors as the guards let Father in. I let out a silent breath of relief that it worked as I stood behind Father. But that relief didn't last long when I saw Loki standing in front of the Casket of Ancient Winters, holding it in his hands.

          "Stop." Father interrupted, before Loki could go any further.

          "Am I cursed?" Loki asked, still holding the Casket.

          "No." Father simply responded.

          "What am I?" Loki set down the Casket, still facing away from us.

         "You're my son."

         "What more than that?" Loki turned around, revealing himself with blue skin that had patterned ridges, and sharp red eyes. I quickly covered my mouth with my hand, tears started forming in my eyes and my breaths became faster as I saw Loki return back to his usual shade.

          No, no, no, no. It can't be... it can't. "The Casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunheim that day, was it?" Loki slowly walked towards Father with anger growing in his voice.

       "No." Father paused, taking in a deep breath. "In the aftermath of the battle, I went into the temple and I found a baby. Small for a giant's offspring.  Abandoned, suffering, left to die. Laufey's son." Laufey's son. The two words echoed in my brain when I heard them. I didn't want to believe the truth I saw in front of me.