XII. KNEEL BEFORE ME

Music played as I stood with the other guests at the gala, wearing a silky dark blue floor length dress, with long sleeves that fitted tightly on my arms

          Music played as I stood with the other guests at the gala, wearing a silky dark blue floor length dress, with long sleeves that fitted tightly on my arms. My hair was tied in a side bun with two strands framing my face. Clint said I was here as a young intern. The inside of the gala was quite beautiful, almost reminded me of Asgard.

Although, the beauty could not distract me from what was to happen next. A lot of these people could get hurt because of Loki. I wanted to warn them, tell them to leave. But I was a slave to Loki's spell.

         "Wem schulde ich das Vergnügen, Sie heute Abend zu treffen? (Who do I owe the pleasure of meeting you tonight?) I heard from behind me. I turned around to see Heinrich Schafer, giving me a small smile.

"Hallo Herr Schäfer. Ich bin Praktikant bei Roxxon Energy. Und ich möchte nur sagen, dass Ihre Arbeit hier absolut bemerkenswert ist. (Hello Mr. Schafer. I am an intern at Roxxon Energy. And I just want to say that your work here is absolutely remarkable.)" I introduced as I shook his hand. Of course, as an Asgardian, I used Allspeak to translate Midgard's many languages.

"Es ist so schön, eine junge Frau wie Sie zu sehen, die sich heutzutage mit unserer Wissenschaft beschäftigt. (It is so nice to see a young woman like you engaged in our science these days.)" Schafer nodded his head. He seemed like a good man.

I am so sorry for what's about to happen.

"Nun, es ist das 21. Jahrhundert. (Well, it's the 21st century.)" I chuckled.

"Ja ist es. Es war schön dich kennenzulernen. Aber ich muss für einen Moment gehen. Ich hoffe jedoch, dass wir später sprechen können. (Yes, it is. It was nice to meet you. But I have to go for a moment. However, I hope we can speak later.)" Schafer stepped back, gesturing towards the microphone in front of the stairs.

"Ich werde gleich hier warten. (I'll be waiting right here.)" I smiled before he walked away. I quickly dropped my smile and looked up to the balcony above the stairs, there, stood Loki. I gave him a subtle nod, signaling him that it was time.