XV. FREEDOM

gravity by sara bareilles

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

gravity by sara bareilles

"Set me free, leave me be.
I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity
Here I am, and I stand
so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be."

          My eyes instantly opened and I jolted up from where I laid. I looked around to see I was in, what appeared to be, a hospital bed. The room was filled with medical supplies. I looked down and saw that I was still in my battle gown, with a bandage wrapped around my stomach.

           "Iduna?" I heard from beside me. Sitting at my bedside, I saw a most concerned Thor.

           "Thor?" I was shocked by his presence. He sat up to move closer, but I quickly flinched back. "Wait!" I looked down at my lap in confusion. "Am I... am I free?" I asked. I had to make sure this wasn't some trick Loki was playing.

           "Yes, you are no longer in obedience to Loki." Thor reassured. I let out a shaky breath of relief. I had control, I had freedom. I turned my gaze to Thor before wrapping my arms around him, who wrapped his arms around me.

           "I'm so sorry." I breathed out as we embraced each other. Thor pulled away and shook his head.

            "Iduna, you have to understand, this was not your fault. Our brother, he's chosen a dark path and he dragged you with him. But you fought back, you escaped." He assured, placing his hand on my shoulder.

           "Where is he now?" I questioned, looking off to the side.

          "Detained with the others." Thor answered.

         "Others?" I raised my eyebrow.

         "The team, we assisted each other in destroying the Chitauri. We're actually in a tower that belongs to one of them." Thor explained. I was a bit surprised, Thor wasn't much for fighting in a team. Leading a team, maybe, such as the Warriors Three and Sif. But working with others he just met, I have to say I was a proud of him.

         "Iduna, do you need anything? Sustenance, maybe? We just had lunch. Something Midgard calls shawarma." Thor interrupted my thoughts with a bit of concern on his face.

         "No, no. I'm quite alright." I shook my head. "I just want to go home." I softly replied.

         "That we can do." Thor formed a smile on his face.

          "I love you, brother." I softly smiled back.

          "I love you too, sister." He assured.

• • •

           We stood in the center of a park, along with the team, Midgardians called them The Avengers. Erik was preparing the Tesseract for our journey home.