2 | Panini On The Floor

Y/N

_

HONESTLY, I was still a little peeved at yesterday's events.

Even after throwing my clothes in the Dorm's washing machine, the yellowish-stain from the spilled tea wouldn't come out of my shirt. And I loved that shirt. Gah.

"I'm heading to my shift," I yawned, snatching my backpack up from the table, "do you think I'll have time to get breakfast?"

Sadie and Caleb were on the couch, watching BBC interviews for the fun of it, and looked up when I spoke. Even though I took the afternoon shifts, I had to get there at 8am just to check in. Another Gah.

"You've got twenty minutes," Caleb said, shrugging, "if there isn't any traffic, you'll have time to spare."

"I'm taking a train."

"There could be train traffic."

"Not likely," I laughed, swinging open the door, "I'll meet you guys at the theater."

"Got it," they both said in unison.

Waving at them, I shut the door behind me and began to walk towards the building's stairs. The dormitory where I'm staying for two months is pretty nice; designed to look like the inside of a theater with it's red walls, gold railings, and Production posters hung all over the walls.

It was fitting for someone who was attending a theater summer program, and luckily that person is me.

As I slid down the stairs, out of the dorms, and down the sidewalk, I decided I wanted to get a Panini. I'm not sure if eating Panini's for breakfast was normal, but honestly, I didn't care. I just wanted one.

There was a small cafe to my left, and it didn't take me long to get in line, order a panini, and make my way to the counter. Gosh, I was hungry.

"Panini for [y/n]?" A barista called out, sliding a thinly wrapped sandwich across the counter.

Picking it up, I gave them a smile, "thank you!"

As I made my way towards the door, I glanced back down at my watch. I had exactly 10 minutes to hop on a train and get to the theater, and not much time to spare–

And...there went my panini.

As I was too busy looking at the clock on my wrist, I smacked into someone who was entering the shop, and my sandwich went flying onto the ground. I almost watched it happen in slow motion; the freshly pressed bread, the ripe tomatoes, the melted cheese, and everything else tumbling down in painful time.

It was like watching my dreams get crushed.

"Oh my god," someone said, lunging towards the Panini, "I'm so sorry!"

As they stood back up with the fallen sandwich in hand (which clearly wasn't edible anymore) they held it back out to me in worry. They looked shocked.

And they also looked familiar.

"You!" We both exclaimed in unison, taking a step back from each other.

It was that Louis boy I met in the rain yesterday! The one who spilled burning hot tea all over my shirt! Louis Partridge, or something. He was wearing a button down sailor shirt, his phone sticking out of the pocket of his jeans.

"Are you following me?" I exclaimed, widening my eyes at him.

"I don't follow people," He said, shaking his head quickly, "are you following me?"

"No!"

"Well, that makes this completely awkward," he said, scratching the back of his neck, "I really am sorry about your Panini."

If I wasn't so shocked by the fact that I ran into him again, I might have been mad about losing my breakfast. However, that didn't seem as important as of now.

"Right," I nodded, "well there's not much I can do about it now."

"I could buy you a new one."

Glancing down at my watch, I realized that I had just spent 2 of my minutes talking to him. It would be a miracle if I made it to the theater on time. Looking back up at Louis, I shook my head in disagreement.

"I'm running late for my job," I sighed, "don't worry about it."

He opened his mouth in surprise, "I really don't mind."

"Louis, it's fine."

"It only takes a second."

"No offense," I sighed, heading towards the door, "but even if I did have time, it's pretty clear bad things happen when I'm around you."

Okay... that came out harsher than I thought. I originally was trying to highlight the train incident, but my words got mixed up, and the sentence came out wrong. The boy blinked, as if he didn't hear me right, but then nodded his head.

"No, you're right," he said sheepishly, "no offense taken."

I tilted my head, wondering if I should apologize, but then then I remembered that I was running short on time.

"Nice to see you again," I blurted out, pushing my way out of the cafe, "goodbye!"

Before I had made it halfway down the sidewalk, I felt him grab my wrist and pull me back gently. It wasn't a harsh pull, but one that seemed rather...polite. Was that even possible?

"You still..." he began, clearing his throat and letting out a puff of air, "you still have my sweater."

Oh!

"The navy one from yesterday!" I exclaimed, slapping my palm against my forehead, "I'm so sorry, I forgot I had it when I left."

"It's okay."

"I'll give it back to you, I promise, but it can't be right now."

"It can't?"

"I'm already running late for my program, you see."

"Then I don't suppose you could tell me when you'll be free?" He laughed, "I don't think running into each other for the third time is likely."

"Probably not," I nodded, "could you meet me outside of the Globe Theater?"

"The place by Scorseby?"

"Yes," I said, turning around to run towards the station behind me, "at Four O'clock!"

Considering that I didn't have much time left to make it on time, I gave a quick wave at the boy, running as fast as I could to the platform. Even as I hopped onto the crowded train car, one thought didn't leave my mind.

How on earth did I run into Louis again?

It was certainly something I didn't expect, and I was slightly taken aback. London was a big city. Maybe making plans to meet him again was a mistake, because the last two times, he created disasters on both occasions.

Let's just hope there aren't any more.