9 | Blasphemy!

Y/N

_

"YOU'RE TOTALLY crushing on him!" Sadie exclaimed, whipping a pillow at my face at incredible speed.

I had barely walked into the door, before I was ambushed by my roommates. I (thankfully) made it home alive, since Louis gave me a ride back and it was clear he was not good at riding a bike. He almost punctured the tires twice.

"I think I'm going to leave," I said, spinning around to head back into the hallway, "I was not prepared for this conversation."

Before I could shut the door behind me, Caleb came bolting at me and dragged me back inside, smacking the lock shut.

"Well be prepared," he stated, "because Sadie and I want the scoop."

"Alright," I grinned, "chocolate or vanilla?"

"Not ice cream!"

"You said you wanted the scoop!"

"You know what we mean!" Sadie pleaded, "we want to know what happened with you and Louis!"

"Nothing happened with Louis," I whined, wriggling out of Caleb's grip, "we just went to see Buckingham Palace, talked a little, and then he rode me back here."

"HOW IS THAT NOTHING?"

"Sadie, stop looking at me like that!"

"LIKE WHAT?"

"Like you're about to kill me!"

Collecting her breath, she inhaled deeply and exhaled a few seconds after. Caleb was still watching me with a watchful eye. Was I being interrogated? I felt like I was trapped in a jail cell as detectives poked me for answers.

"Look," I shrugged, walking over to the couch and plopping on it, "I'm not crushing on Louis."

Caleb narrowed his eyes, "and why not?"

"Because we don't really know each other yet."

"I thought you did!"

"He doesn't know my favorite color, food, movie, or whatever there is to know," I explained, "he doesn't even know my last name!"

"Probably because he wants to give you his," Sadie smirked.

"Sadie!"

"Okay, fine, fine, whatever, it was just a joke," the red-head teased.

"I know," I sighed, "but just because he's an attractive individual, doesn't mean I'm required to be attracted to him."

Caleb pulled out a chair from the dining room table, and sat down with a glint in his eyes. The two were obviously up to something, although I wasn't sure what it was. Spooky.

"You're not attracted to Louis?" Caleb said inquisitively.

Yes, I was (I think), but I wasn't going to let them know that. It was too soon, and I wasn't sure of it myself.

"No, I am not," I restated.

Caleb gasped, "how could you not be attracted to his gorgeous blue eyes?"

I wrinkled my nose, "brown eyes."

"And there you go," Sadie said, snapping her fingers, "you're totally crushing on him."

I can't believe I fell for that.

"Just because I remembered the color of his eyes doesn't mean I'm crushing!" I said defensively.

"But if you look into someone's eye for long enough you start to memorize the color."

"What if I just have a great memory?"

"Then tell us what you had for breakfast this morning," Caleb said, cocking a brow,

"Uh... cereal?"

"Nice try," the boy said, "just admit that you've managed to run into a cute London boy who has a very adorable habit of asking you on dates."

"Okay, we're changing this conversation," I yawned, "let's talk about tomorrow."

So here's the thing.

Louis is attractive.

But I've only known him for four days.

He's sweet.

But he could also be hiding another side to him.

He's...not Keith.

But he could act like Keith.

All I'm saying is, that I'm not being annoying by not admitting that I like him. I am reasonable, because I've had enough past issues to deal with. I don't need to explain myself. BUT, I will admit that if the future works out with Louis and I, I'll admit it then.

But not now.

"What's the status with tech tomorrow," I asked, "I missed the meeting."

Caleb sighed, "They want us to start building the set tomorrow."

"Already?"

"I know! They haven't even cast all the characters yet."

"Maybe we've got a deadline from the producers."

"You mean you've got a deadline," Sadie said, pointing at me, "you're the Stage-manager's assistant, and that means you've got the overtime tomorrow night."

Overtime?

That was never good, and honestly, I didn't want to spend all night working away in a theater that was known to have some haunting.

"Since when?" I gasped.

"They announced it after your shift. You've got to stay late and code the light cues."

"Dang it!" I whined, "that sucks."

It really did suck. I didn't want to stay up late working, I didn't want code light cues, and I didn't want to have to worry about putting on a show this early on.

But I didn't really have a choice.