Seventeen

Gallant POV

Distracted by the information I was getting about my pet I take a quick look in his direction to check on him before turning my full attention back onto the Animal Healer only for my eyes to snap back towards Red concerned about the way he was sitting. Hoping he wasn't mad at me for ignoring him when he called for me.

Regrettably I recall the situation that happen not long ago where I had to ignore my pets plead as I was told my interference could cause a back lash with the monitor the Healer was using.

Stepping for towards him only to stand stun for a second when I notice what he was doing.

My eyes unconsciously glance towards the place where I left my skin sack before they dart back towards the hunched figure of Red eating from the bag of treat I had bought him.

"Its my presence" The Animal Healer comments, noticing my shock. "My chest rumble that soothes our young can put an ooman into a state of shock or a calm daze"

Turning my attention back to the healer as I recall the sudden way Red started to comply and the concern I felt once I saw the glazed look about his eyes.

Feeling my marking start to heat at the sudden angry the coursed through my body at the thought of what could of happened to my pet when he was in such state.

Most likely feeling the heat radiating off my marking the Healer gives a hesitant look towards my pet before continuing.

"It doesn't cause any harm and they seem to instantly snap out of it when they are in danger" His words don't help control mu angers as my mind is supplied with the only way they could of tested this.

My head snaps to the direction of Red as I take note of the sudden difference of my boy.

His curled up frame instantly softens my heart especially when I see that he was taking comfort from one of the toys we had gotten almost making me puff up my chest at my quick thinking of bringing his comfort toy with him to the healer.

Instantly making my way towards my little ooman as I crouch before him before softy calling out his name, not wanting to startle him.

My wants seem to go unheard as he jumps at the sound of my voice reminding me of the way prey startles at any of the movement you make.

His oddly colour eyes lock onto mine before the strange liquid started to fall from them and the same noise of distress fell from his lips as before.

Lifting my small pet into my arms, cradling him like I've seen mother do to their babes while my throat produces soothing noise.

"Red, little one, you're okay no need to be scared" I softly speak to my frighten pet as I take a seat holding him close to his chest after making sure he still had his comfort toy with him.

Once I was seated I immediately start comforting my little pet to the best of my ability, ignoring the Animal Healers gaze.

Red only seemed to calm down after my chest produce a stress purr at seeing my pet in such state.

Looking down I realise that the adorable little ooman had fallen into a rest while curled up on my chest instantly soothing my stress.

"Hunter" The Healer calls out respectfully to get my attention.

Staring at him in silence he waits a moment before starting to talk.

"From what Ive already told you, your pet seems to come from a bad pack. The previous injured body parts suggest abuse but the lack of meat can mean two things one, he was the omega and only got the scarps due to a lack of food or two, the purposely withheld food for him. These injuries can lead to..."

I listen with great detail to everything the Healer says, mentally taking notes of different behaviour on what to expect from Red. My anger returns as the Healer continues to tell me about how some of the injures weren't healed correctly and that he need to inject a ooman safe solution into my pet that would heal everything while he slept.

The Animal Healer briefly mentions the food that would do more good than harm to my pet do to the starvation his pack made him suffer through. He suggested only giving him the nutiuent ooman food to him once a day instead of the 4 times you were meant to give it to them. The Healer gives a list of food that grow on my planted that were ooman friendly.

Recalling our precious convesation gives me a bottle of liquid he told me to wrist scan, explaining that a bottle would be derived to me once it ran out.

Reading the information card I decided to give my pet a drop into the special tumbler with some water when the day starts, hoping it will help him with how scared he is all the time.

"Having his interact with different pets might help him settle in more, some oomans tend to act out when they don't have anyone to call pack."

"Dose it have to be his on species he interacts with? One of my Hunters have a Zmeu." I question the Animal Healer.

"It is recommend for them to be ooman but taking in how he was treated by his last pack of oomans might be better for him to start with other species" He replies.

Looking back down at my pet as the Healer get the injection reading to give to my pet I gently move Reds body into a more easier position before petting his mane.

"When we first discovered oomans we believed they didn't experience pain and thought the way they reacted was for attention until one of the healers discovered that they do infect feel pain but their pain is different to ours so a special paste was corrected with natural herbs to numb the area for the pet" The Animal Healer explain as he rubs the paste onto my pets arm, my nose scrunches at the strong scent coming from it.

I watch closely as he brings the injected device close to my sleeping pet before attaching it to his arm.

I wait in tense silence as the device beeps before inserting itself in my little ooman.

The only reaction from Red is the noise of content the escaped his mouth once the device was retraced from him body, telling me how fast acting the stuff was.

"Your pet will be in a peaceful rest for a while and wont awaken to loud noises or sudden movements." The Healer talks as he clean my small pet arm.

"If you walked or are deciding to use the Tube I suggest purchasing on the pet sling we have for you to carry your pet easier." As he talks the Animal Healer lets me scan my wrist to pay while going over a couple of more things with me.

Before leaving I question him about the sling. The Healer brings one out and explains to me how to use it.

After finding out I could use all my limbs while keeping my pet close to my chest I instantly bought it and let the Animal Healer help me use it for the first time.

The main part of the sling supports my pet while letting him sleep in the curled up position he loves so much before it connects around my back and loops over my shoulder for extra support, letting me feel my pets face that was rested against my bare chest.

Placing the treats back into my skin sack before tying it around my waist and leaving the Healers room.

With my thoughts preoccupied and with out waiting for Red to explored it didn't take long before we were home.

Deciding to keep Red attached to me I set up the rest of the things I got my little ooman and once everything was set up I was about to start making food hen I heard familiar high pitched noise.

eeeeeeeeeep

Quickly walking towards the sleeping area I place my hand against the glowing patch on the wall before unhooking the device, thankfully that Red couldn't hear the noise it was making, before re-hooking it onto my ear.

"Hunter Gallant?" The gruff voice on the other line questions.

"Yes sir" I instantly reply knowing all to well what was happening.

"Team 764 division 8b has been giving a task, meet at base before the second purple black out"

"Yes sir"

A/N   if you are seeing this, theres going to be an update next Monday