CH 8, PT 2: Bad Blood

[EDITED]

Lydia then pushed Alec and I and walked through us. I rolled my eyes and followed her as I saw mom and Izzy walking to us.

"Maryse. The Clave had ordered me to take temporary control of this Institute" Lydia told mom. I widened my eyes as mom and Lydia stand next to me.

"Wait a minute. Nobody informed us" mom told her.

"The Clave doesn't need to. And, to repeat myself, it's temporary. Nothings been decided yet. But I do need full clearance in order to assess how this Institute is running" Lydia told us as she did something on the remote board thing. (Don't know what it's called). "Where is Clary Fairchild?" She looked at us "I would hope someone here knows."

"She's in the field, training" Alec told her. Lydia turned her head and looked at Alec.

"You're telling me she's just. . . out and about in the streets of New York? Valentine's daughter?" Izzy then interrupted.

"Isn't she also your cousin?"

"Distant cousin."

"She's with Jace" I then say. She looked at me and then walked around the room.

"The same Jace Wayland who decided to lead an unsanctioned raid against vampires? I've read reports." After that, I decided to not listen anymore. After I saw Alec and Izzy leaving, I then decided to take a little nap in my room.

After 10 minutes of sleeping, I woke up and decided to walk around the Institute. While I did, I found Izzy and Alec walking as well. I decided to join them.

While we all were walking to the main area of the Institute, Alec and I suddenly got a text. Both of us stopped while Izzy kept going. I took my phone and looked at the text. I then put my phone away and looked at Alec. He nodded and we both walked to Lydia.

"We have something you need to see" Alec said.

"Something attacked the Jade Wolf" I said while Alec was putting up the pictures on the TV.

"The werewolves' headquarters? Where did you--" mom was then interrupted by Lydia.

"Where did you get these?

"Leader of the New York wolf pack" I told her.

"You're both friends with Lucian Graymark? An ex-Circle member?" Lydia asked.

"How about we send Isabelle, Alec and Echo to investigate? I'm sure this is linked to--" Mom said before Lydia interrupted again.

"Valentine. I need to see it for myself" she said before walking off. She then stopped and looked at Alec and I. "Are you coming or what?" Alec and I looked at each other and we both walked to Lydia.

~AT THE DOCKS~

Alec, Lydia and I were all walking to the Jade Wolf when Lydia spoke.

"I can see why all the girls and guys in Indris are clamoring to meet you two." We both looked at her.

"What?" "What do you mean?" Alec and I said at the same time.

"Rumor has it that you both are looking to settle down. . . get married."

"Damn it" Alec said.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I added while scoffing.

"Let me guess. Not your idea, Alec. Echo?"

"Not even close" Alec told her. I nodded.

"My parents tried to set me up, too" Lydia said.

"How did that go?" I asked.