8. About Damn Time!

(ELLAH)

       I called Emily as soon as Drew walked out the door. It was raining outside again. He was waiting for a cab with his army green Hunter rain boots wading through a puddle of water. The cab later showed up and away he drove off.

I bit my lip. The warm blood spread through my mouth since it was already bitten. I was smiling with joy. The last time I had my place all to myself was over three years ago when I first purchased the house. Drew was going through financial issues at the time. Instead of moving back in with our parents I decided to lend him an extra room and live with me instead.

I was finally at peace. I get to walk around the house naked without any disturbance. I get to have plenty of sleepovers with Emily. In fact, we both can be naked together. Um. .I'm getting too excited.

It feels really great that I'm all alone for once. I don't have to wake up and complain about the dirty dishes in the sink, smelly feet coming from the hallway, and boxers hanging off the bathroom doorknob. Especially the toilet seat not down when I need to use the bathroom.

Everything I own belonged to me again. 

Showing up moments later with a Dora umbrella shaking in her hands, Emily stepped in from the front entrance to take a look at the place herself and not bump into Drew randomly. She'd thought I be lying. 

"He's gone for real?"

"Yes idiot. He'll be back like later in the month or so I guess. He didn't fully explain but oh well he'll be back." Emily seemed displeased and raised a brow.

"Come again?"

"You heard me!"

"A month isn't enough Elle. He's needs to extend his trip for a year or two." I punched her arm softly. I offered Emily breakfast.

"How did the movie go with that Ramon guy?" I asked. She passed me the egg carton. I took the frying pan from cabinet and set the stove on a normal temperature. She acted like the words that came out my mouth was complete gibberish.

"Hello?" she whined. "Pass me the beacon. I hid it somewhere in the fridge." she tossed me a gang of turkey beacon stacked neatly one over the other in a plastic bowl. "I mean enlighten me here?" I sprayed the pan with Canola Oil so the eggs can glide off the pan easily.

"He's okay." she muttered under her breath.

"Let me guess, his stroke game was-" she cut me off. I grabbed another egg and cracked it with a fork. I watched it fall slowly onto the heated pan.

"Uh no."

"Then what?"

"He's not my type like I thought he was Elle."

"Sure." I said.

"Seriously Elle." She walked over to me. We're about the same height. I looked down, suddenly, saw her, and nodded.

"Okay." I backed off not bothering to ask her anymore details. I stuttered when I saw she wasn't in the mood to be messed with.