𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

┏━━━━━━𖤐━━━━━━┓chapter eleven:catfishing ┗━━━━━━𖤐━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━𖤐━━━━━━┓
chapter eleven:
catfishing
┗━━━━━━𖤐━━━━━━┛

"Enemies disguise themselves with their lips, but in their hearts they harbor deceit. "

— Proverbs, 26:24

Marlene took her caramel latte from the coffee machine, trying not to burn her fingers. She didn't have a great record with plastic cups and hot beverages. Especially at hospitals with TVs on every corner and her face flooding the news.

With the much needed shot of caffeine, Marley walked back to Bobby's room. He'd been silent all morning, staring out of the window with a detached expression. Bobby was getting better, his wound was healing up nicely, but Marlene figured that no amount of good news could make up for what he'd lost.

She spotted Sam and Dean by the door, glancing over at Bobby, whispering. She squinted at them, "What are you two gossiping about?" her eyes fell on the manila envelop in Dean's hands, "What's this?"

He opened the envelope and took out a couple of scans, "Went to radiology. Got some glamour shots," Dean handed them to Sam, "Let's just say the doctors are baffled."

Marley moved closer to him to take a look. It was a chest X-ray, with eerily familiar sigils carved on the ribs.

"Holy crap," Sam muttered, examining the Enochian writing.

"How did that happen?" Marley asked.

"Angelic tattoo parlour," Dean deadpanned, "Cas can carve you one too. Supposed to hide you from angels. Even Lucifer."

Yeah, Marley wanted to tell him, there's no need for that. Hadn't been for 22 years, "Well, that's effective," she said, taking the last look on the X-rays. That was beyond weird. And painful, probably.

Sam's phone rang. He returned the scans to Dean and answered, "Hello? ...Castiel?"

"Speak of the angel," Marlene muttered.

"Ah, St. Martin's Hospital," Sam glanced at Dean in confusion, "Why? What are you — Cas? Hello?" But the angel had already hung up.

Not a moment later, a tall figure clad in a trench coat cut through a crowd of medical personnel like Moses crossing the Red Sea. "I wonder what provider he's using," Marley said as Castiel walked over to them.

"Cell phone, Cas? Really?" Dean turned to him, "Since when do angels need to reach out and touch someone?"

"You're hidden from angels now — all angels," Castiel told them, "I won't be able to simply —"

"Enough foreplay," Bobby's grumbled from the room. Dean, Sam, Marlene and Castiel looked over at him. "Get over here and lay your damn hands on." When no one made a move to go inside, Bobby looked over his shoulder, "Get healing. Now."