Back to Hazel Preview

Preview of Back to Hazel -- a brand new series!
..........

After he turns out the overhead light, only the glow from the living room remains, peaking around the sides of the nailed-up blanket and through several small holes in the middle.  As tacky as it is, the imagery it creates is captivating.

Camden helps me out of my tight clothes and into his shirt, and I silently hope he’ll check me out.  I know I’m not as thin as I was the last time we were naked together, but with the way his hungry eyes always eat me up, it’s hard to feel anything less that beautiful around him.

Yet his eyes never leave mine, as he peels my jeans off my legs.  He’s either amazingly strong or he’s not interested in sleeping with me.  My groggy mind refuses to let me analyze deeper. 

Laying me down, he drapes the blanket over me.  I feel the bed dip behind me, and I experience a weak rush.  After all the brushes of skin from the undressing adventure, I’m dying to put my hands on him.  I try to turn around to face him.  But his arm immediately wraps around me and pins me firmly to the bed.

“Stay,” he orders softly.

My body physically aches to be closer to Camden Mason. 

“Camden, please.  I just need – .”

“Shh.”  I sense him scooting closer to me, but I don’t feel his skin anywhere against mine.  If I could turn around, I’m guessing I would find him on top of the covers.  His mouth comes too close to my ear.  His warm breath puffs against strands of my hair, sending an obvious shiver through my whole body.

He laughs lightly.  “I know, baby.  It kills me to be this close to you.  Trust me, Bella, I will have you under me, face down on your pillow.  But it’s not going to be tonight.”  With each sentence, his voice got quieter. 

If I weren’t passed the point of exhaustion, I would be rubbing up against the front of him, begging for him to make that happen.  Instead, I find his hand, intertwine my fingers in his and let his promise wrap around me, pushing me into sleep.

________________

To read more, please find Back to Hazel under my works of my profile!