33 | Do Not Talk

Adrian

"You," She snarls. "Who the fuck do you think you are?"

By now, Anna's standing at the door, looking at me curiously.

"Adrian Black. The leader of a notorious gang. Wink and girls will run after you. Smirk and they'll faint. Smile and they'll marry you. Not all are like that. People have their own lives you know."

"I had lived seventeen years before I met you, alright? So do not think that you own me. My life isn't with you."

"Bailey-"

"I said don't talk! You're listening to me now, Adrian. I'm done being silent. Look where that got me. Who the hell are you to threaten the woman that gave me so much? You scared her to the point where she kicked me out. And fired me."

"I'm officially homeless, and jobless. I'm not even eighteen yet! You did this to get me back."

I reach out for her hand, but she snatches it away. "But you pushed me away farther than ever." At this point Anna approaches Bailey, and then glares at me.

"I'm leaving. I don't know where I'll go, but... goodbye," Bailey turns around to leave, but Anna grabs her hand, stopping.

"Where are you gonna go? Stay with me, I won't be like Adrian," She gives me a dark look. "You're free to go and leave whenever you want, and you can pay rent too if you don't want to stay free. Right now, go inside. I have to deal with Adrian."

Bailey lingers for a second before disappearing into the mansion. Anna approaches me, grabbing my collar and pulling me towards her. I wince. "That girl. She has a lot of self control not to kill you right now."

"Anna I-"

"No, you zip it. I know you see Ava in Bailey. That's not good. You want her only because you see Ava in her, but that's the stupidest thing ever. Bailey's her own, amazing person. She's strong as fuck, and you, you made her lose her job, home, and freedom."

She's right. I was such an asshole, all I was thinking about was myself.

"Adrian, you're a horrible person. You couldn't quit doing illegal things for Ava, and you couldn't quit smoking for Bailey. Yet you wanted everything to stay the same. You put Blake's life in danger, and not to mention the same for Bailey."

"You know all that Bailey's been through, yet you still haven't learned that she needs space."

"Adrian fucking Black, you better walk in there, and give her your most heartfelt apology. And then you forget about her."

I nod, because I deserve to forget Bailey. She doesn't need someone like me. She's better off her on her own, and the least I can do is let her go. So I gather up all in me and walk in through the doors.

Bailey's standing near the living room, and when were eyes glance at mine, she looks away. "I hope you're here to apologize."

"I am. Look, Bailey. I was shit to you, and I'm really sorry. You're free to leave, and live life your own way. I'll never come back to you ever again."

And then I told her about Ava. The entire time, Bailey didn't make a sound. She just watched me explain myself, with cold blue eyes.

"I saw her in you, and that's why I wanted you with me. But I'm sorry. You're an amazing person on your own, and I shouldn't have been selfish. I lost her, and I wanted to find her again. I love you, Bailey. For who you are. Not because of Ava. If you ever decide to forgive me, then I'm grateful."

"You don't have to come back. You can live your own life, how you want it. I'm glad I could be a chapter in your life. If I was good chapter or a bad chapter, I don't know."

"But all I know is that you were an amazing chapter in mine. You'll always be in my story, Bailey Willow. I'll never forget you. Even if you forget me. And I'm sorry. I'll get you your job back and your apartment back."

"By the time you get home, everything will be there. Waiting for you."

She doesn't falter, and she doesn't reply. Defeated, I walk away. But then something hits my back. "Adrian!" Bailey shouts, her voice angry. "You don't get to say all of that, and just walk away."

She marches up to me. "Who the hell are you to just leave me there? After all that."

I look at her, confused. "I love you, you dumbass. I was angry, yes. I still am, yes. I still want to go back, yes. But that doesn't mean I want to forget you. I still am your girlfriend aren't I?"

A flood of relief goes through me and I smile. "Then why'd you leave?"

"I want freedom, Adrian. I'm not going to come back to live here. I want my own life, and you're going to be a huge part of it," Her cold eyes soften, and she looks at me lovingly. "After all we've been through, there's no way I'll forget you."

Then she grabs my collar and pulls me towards her lips, kissing me. "That's for being a cute sweetheart." Then she stomps on my foot. "That's for being total asshole."

She kisses me again. "This... is a thank you. For changing me for the better." She kisses me one more time. "That. That's because I love you."

I kiss her back. "I love you too." 

———————

vote, comment, follow. 

and um, that's the end of the book. thank you for-

just kidding. there's going to more :P i mean, it's ALMOST the end of the book, but like we still have some unsolved problems. 

*cough* the dad *cough*