Epilogue | Shadowed Blue Eyes

Eight Years and Six Months Later....

A car pulls over in front of the state prison, and a hooded figure emerges out of it. Today was the day. Two other figures, one female and the other male, follow. "How much longer?"

"Any second now."

A middle aged man exits the prison, dark circles under his eyes, and his once golden blonde hair, now pale and white. His once blue eyes now shadowed and lost.

"You can look now," The hooded figure notifies. A twenty-seven year old woman steps out of the car, her golden blonde hair glinting in the dark evening.

The middle-aged man's - Gene- eyes harden at the sight of his daughter. And then a sinister smile plays on his face. "I see you've moved on."

"Adrian," Bailey grips the hooded figure's jacket as her mind takes her back to the trauma of her earlier years. "That's my dad..." Her blue eyes look terrified.

"Bailey, I'm here aren't I? Blake is here. Anna is here. So don't be scared," He assures her. Still not ready, Bailey remains guarded behind Adrian.

"Why are we here?" She squeaks out. "I want to go home. Please."

Every one of the scars on her body feel as if they're new fresh cuts as she stares at her father. Adrian moves away from Bailey. "Your fear ends today, Bailey."

By now, Blake has Gene's hands pinned behind his back. Blake's bold stance, unfaltering, hard gaze and strong body make him look almost surreal. You wouldn't be able to tell that he was shot six times. One of those shots permanently damaging his leg.

Adrian hands Bailey a gun. "You do the honors."

With shaky hands, she takes the gun from Adrian. She looks at him for confirmation, and walks towards her father, her steps slow and steady. She stops when she's a good distance from him.

"Dad," She starts her eyes locked in his. "Nine years," She breathes. "Nine years." Her voice sounds choked up. "Slut. Whore. Bitch," Her gaze lowers. "You told me to take off my shirt. You used a knife like a pen." Tears start forming in her stormy blue eyes. "I have scars everywhere. Because of you, I couldn't give away my virginity to someone I chose."

At these words, Adrian's fists clench, and he looks ready to shoot Gene.

Gene's eyes don't move from his daughter's face. He smiles. An evil smile that would put the Joker to shame.

Realizing that it's no use talking to her father, she lifts up her gun and points at her father's head. Tears are rolling down her cheeks at the speed of trains and she pressed slightly on the trigger.

"We could have been better, yet you chose not to," She states, her lips quivering. "Hope you're reunited with mother in hell," Are her last words to him as she pulls the trigger, closing her eyes as Gene lays dead on the ground.

Adrian wraps his arms around her, as she nuzzles her head into his chest. "Are you okay?"

She lets out a shaky breath. "Yeah," She nods.

Adrian shoots the remaining witnesses and they leave. 

——————

vote! comment! follow!

NOW I'M GOING TO GO AND CRY. I HAD SO MUCH FUN WRITING THIS BOOK. AS MUCH AS I HATE TO ADMIT, CLICHES ARE REALLY FUN TO WRITE AND READ. AND I GOT SO ATTACHED TO ALL THESE CHARACTERS I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS THE LAST I'M GOING TO WRITE OF THEM. 

Of course, there's going to be bonus chapters, because I can't get enough of them, BUT this is the last of the OFFICIAL story. 

To be honest, when I started this book, I just wanted to run away from my problems, and as a teenager in quarantine suffering under high school stress, I HAD A LOT OF PROBLEMS, and then writing this book made me feel better about my own problems. 

I know that this book is a little far stretched, and that's okay, because I loved writing this, and that's all that matter. 

BUT DON'T REMOVE THIS FROM YOUR LIBRARY YETTT, I'll be adding TONS of Bonus Chapters (okay maybe like 2-3) but like IF YOU STILL WANT MORE OF THESE CHARACTERS THEN I SUGGEST YOU STICK AROUND!

But if you don't want to, then by all means <3 Thank you so much for reading my book. I hope you liked it as much as I loved writing it. 

And until you decide to check out another one of my books, PEACE!