5. MAX'S GENIUS PLAN GETS UNDERWAY

MAX TOOK OUT from his external spacesuit chest pocket the notebook that he had spent hours writing in during the MER-2 Earth to Moon rocket flight.

"We need to get to Tesseract hexagon cell 52 using neutral doorways," he said. "Follow me."

Max walked through a doorway that led to one of the three adjacent Tesseract hexagons within the lunar HTH.

"There is always a neutral doorway that leads to another neighbouring Tesseract hexagon in this same time, space and universe," said Susan. "If you follow these neutral linking doorways you get the impression there is nothing special about this lunar HTH, and it's just a gold metal honeycomb perhaps waiting for some robotic bees to busy themselves within."

Max navigated his way through the neutral linking doorways of the lunar HTH at a remarkable pace.

"How can Max be moving so quickly?" asked Cindy.

"The Tesseract hexagon cells of the lunar HTH are labelled with their number in a circular sticker on the floor," explained Susan. "The label is always found just to the right of the doorway that leads to the next neutral cell." Susan pointed down at the floor just before Max waded through yet another doorway. "See? We're in cell 47."

"I see," said Cindy. "So we'll be in cell 52 in just five more doorways."

"Correct."

The Equalisers soon reached cell 52 ...

Cell 52 was packed with a massive amount of highly advanced technological equipment.

"Oh my goodness," exclaimed Tony. "Would you take a look at all this gear! This is a science officer's paradise."

"This is one of the Tesseract hexagon cells we often work from," said Susan. "The adaptable doorway portals have been especially adapted to concentrate on time shifts and parallel universe shifts, and even each of those within themselves. I should have mentioned that each Tesseract hexagon is unique and allows some doorway portals into places that no other Tesseract hexagons allow."

"Not sure I understood bits of that," said Cindy. "To be honest, I've never felt so dumb in all my life."

"Don't sweat it, Cindy," said Tony with an encouraging smile. "I'm sure your skills will soon be needed when we eventually get on with the task of somehow defeating the humanotics. I'm sure Susan, Sylvia and Max are about to come up with some sort of incredible attack strategy."

"See that large desk?" Susan pointed to a large desk that looked much like the Main Controls Desk found on the bridge of an Equaliser starship. "That's the Main Computer Desk. From that desk every device in the lunar HTH can be accessed and operated."

"Cool," remarked Tony.

"Yes, well," said Max, "first things first. We need to secure the lunar HTH—not to mention ourselves."

Max walked up to the Main Computer Desk. He leaned forward to examine its computer monitors, and seemed to be checking something he had been working on in his notebook. He ignored the chair because he was in his spacesuit.

"I take it you're planning on going somewhere where you will need the protection of your spacesuit," remarked Sylvia, knowing Max well.

"Yes, yes, that's right. And talking of Cindy and her usefulness, I intend to make use of her imminently." He turned his head to Cindy. "I take it you know how to teleport the entire lunar HTH to the Main Cargo Bay of the starship Equity. You are, after all, the starship's Chief Security Officer."

"I would have to be on board the Bridge of the Equity and start up its teleportation system from the Main Controls Desk. But how could I get on board the locked down Equity, as far as I can see, we're trapped in this lunar HTH? Moreover, even if I could, Equaliser teleportation has been disabled by the humanotics, so how could I use its teleportation system?"