6. MAX'S GENIUS PLAN CONCLUDES

**This Wattpad novel version shows the opening handful of chapters which is less than 10% of the full novel as I am selling through KDP (Amazon/Kindle)**

AN AREA OF moon dust vibrated on the Sea of Rains. Slowly but surely the starship Equity revealed itself amid plumes of moon dust, like a hiding stingray emerging from under the sands of a very different kind of ocean floor.

Meanwhile, on Equity's Bridge ...

"We're rising," said Zach.

"Make sure you're accelerating," insisted Max. "If you maintain a constant velocity, that would be the equivalent of standing still in terms of being detected by any surveilling eyes in the future we have temporarily left behind."

"Would it?" queried Zach.

"Just do it," demanded Max.

"Accelerating vertically," said Zach.

"Then we're safe from attack from the future." Max rubbed his hands triumphantly.

The Bridge breathed a sigh of relief.

"Now what?" asked Zach.

"Keep on a continually accelerating trajectory," answered Max. "Get to a distance of ten million miles from the Moon and then transition into Tesseract wave-warp faster-than-light speed. Head for the Meccano Anomaly Field."

"Should I maintain gradual acceleration during faster-than-light speed?"

"For the first minute of flight will be sufficient. After that travel at top speed."

"Roger that."

Zach's fingers busily tapped and swiped away on a flight controls touchpad.

"The flight plan has been executed," he said. "We should arrive in just under two hours. Any particular place within the Meccano Anomaly Field?"

Max took a quick look at his notebook ...

"Head for the planet, Lilliput."

"You're obviously aware that the anomaly in that region of space would make us just about 1,000 times smaller and denser relative to standard space, aren't you?" queried Sylvia.

"I am." Max gave Sylvia a knowing look.

"So I take it, we're not just going to hide on Lilliput," said Sylvia. "Being 1,000 times smaller will hardly make us more difficult to detect as humanotic surveillance scanning techniques are not restricted to optical and sonar means."

"You know me well, Sylvia. And no, we are not going to hide on Lilliput. I have found a place to hide us from all time, space and universe. I just need the upper atmosphere of Lilliput from which to fly the Equity into a place that no surveillance system can ever find." Max's eyebrows arced.

"Curiouser and curiouser," said Tony. "I can't imagine where such a place will be."

"Well, as we've got a few hours," said Max, "see if you can work out what my ingenious plan is before we arrive at Lilliput. You have all the clues to solve the puzzle."

"Yeah," said Cindy, "but some of us don't have the brains."

"Meanwhile, Zach," said Susan, "can you switch on life support, so we can get out of these spacesuits and make ourselves comfortable?"

"Sure." Zach quickly manipulated a networked starship computer pad.

In response, the sound of injecting air filled the Bridge.

"All clear," said Zach before removing his spacesuit helmet and climbing out of his spacesuit.

Everyone followed his lead.