021

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

Cassandra's POV

i take avani's hand.

she pulls hard and i practically slam right into her.

avani's only an inch taller than me, so we're very much so face to face.

i feel her put her hand on my waist, while our other hands intertwine.

we start fake tango-ing, and we laugh a lot.

and then she spins and dips me.

we move into the typical prom style slow dance where my arms are around her neck, and hers are around my waist. i lay my head in the crook of her neck.

i can feel her heart beating.

i bet she can feel mine.

we just slow dance in the rain for half an hour.

i don't think there's anything that could ever beat this experience. the rain, the wind, the occasional thunder and lightning, mixed with being so close to the girl i never want to be apart from. it's so magical. it can't get any better than this.

and similar to the whole prom type thing, i really do forget where we are. i feel like we're floating. like we're in the clouds where no one can hurt us, where we can live together forever. where we can be happy and grow old together, without the fear of toxic exes and millions of people weighing in with their opinions.

rain, and storms, are typically used to describe something bad. something really bad. something that messes up your mood on a monday morning, or something bad that changes your life. but this has given me a whole new perspective on it. despite how dark and sad it may seem, you can always make light of it. you can find your light in the dark. it's worth fighting for.

especially when the rain turns into a drizzle. i look up and see a rainbow forming. the sun peeks out through the clouds. everything around us starts to shine. everything is brighter. it's beautiful.

i smile.

avani smiles too.

we're both soaking wet, and now kind of cold. but the sun is warm, so i don't mind waiting until we dry off to get back in the car.

she opens the trunk, and i see a few beach towels. avani takes one and lays it out in the trunk. we sit on the edge and look out.

"that was..." avani starts. i see her searching for the right words to describe it.

"magical," i finish. i look at her.

"yeah," she says. however, i can still see her searching for another word.

i rest my head on her shoulder. we're looking out at the park. it is basically just a big field. but after that storm, the grass looks greener and it's shimmering where the sun hits it. the flowers have raindrops on them too. the rainbow is so vibrant, and so is the now blue sky. there are a few clouds here and there, but they sky is mainly clear. i look at avani again. she is still wet, and the sun makes her glow. the rain amplified the beauty of such simple things. and it made avani and i look at things a little differently.

so, while rain can signify bad things, it also shows how much good there can be. you have to appreciate everyday you get here. even the ones that seem dark.

i take avani's hand and i hold it again.

i never want to let it go.

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

e.j.'s notes:
it's been a while since i've written in cassandra's point of view.
sorry for a late update. i hope you've had an amazing weekend, and i hope you're doing ok. sending lots of love♥️