one

〔year 4—chapter 1〕

...
year 4—chapter 1

"I'M just saying." one of my three best friends, hermione granger, started. i groaned in annoyance. i had recently told her about my slight feelings towards one of our best friends, harry potter, and she now wouldn't shut up about it.

"if you feel that guilty about your feelings write them down in a letter and hide the letter. it'll somewhat help." she stated smiling ignoring my eye roll.

"and what if someone gets their hands on it?" i asked suddenly somewhat interested.

"they won't." she confirmed causing me to sigh.

"fine." i replied whilst rolling my eyes.

with that she smiled proudly at herself and headed to wake the two boys up.

oh yeah did i mention? my little sister ginny also has feelings for harry, which adds more to my guilt.

i sighed slightly, walking over to the small table in the small room i shared with my sister, and pulled out a spare piece of parchments and my quill. with that, i started.

Dear, Harry Potter

Hi, I know that you'll never see this but 'mione tells me that this'll help with my feelings. How do i say this? haha. So basically i recently figured out that i have feelings for you. Yes you, the chosen one, the gorgeous boy with beautiful eyes, the hot one. My list could go on but, of course, it won't. Hey, this is kind of helping. Your actually currently in Ronalds room, sleeping I presume. Hermione has actually gone to wake you two. So i'll wrap this up. Anyways this helped a lot. bye.

Much love, your best friend, Y/n Weasley.

I folded up the parchment, put it in an envelope not writing anything on the front and shoving it into my pillow case. i'm an idiot i know.

"breakfast is ready!" i hear mum yell, me being myself i ran to the kitchen to eat.

...

"ron where are we actually going?" harry asked my brother ron, the final person of our four person friend group, rather confused.

I then tuned them out getting bored rather quickly of their conversation and continued to walk with my two older brothers who were twins, fred and george.

me being my obvious self kept stealing glances at harry. what can i say the boy is attractive. he laughed at something ron had told him causing a small smile to form on my face.

this, of course, didn't go unnoticed by fred and george. the two rather tall boys knelt down slightly as we walked and snickered causing me to roll my eyes.

"what's so funny?" i asked the two as i continued to look forward not even bothering to look at them.

"does our little sister-" fred started whilst whispering.

"-have a crush on the chosen one?" george finished. i looked from fred then to george just to notice the smug smirks on their faces. i didn't answer, instead i walked backwards slightly so that i was walking with hermione and ginny.

ginny gave me a weird look but only for a second then she went back to smiling.

we all continued walking until i heard a shout in the distance. i looked up to see a man that seemed to be around dads age.

"arthur, it's about time!" he shouted with a small smile.

"sorry amos. someone of us had a bit of a sleepy start." dad replied giving ron and harry a pointed look. as if on que ron yawned causing me to chuckle quietly.

"this is amos diggory everyone. he works with me at the ministry." dad told us whilst amos smiled at us. suddenly a taller boy jumped down from a tree causing me to jump a little.

"bloody hell." me and ron both mumbled under our breath at the same time, both kinda shocked from the boys sudden entrance, making harry laugh.

"this strapping young man must be cedric am i right?" dad asked while shaking hands with the boy.

"yes sir." the boy who i now know is named cedric replied with a small smile.

me hermione and ginny all shared a knowing look. i may have feelings for harry but merlin that boy was drop dead bloody gorgeous.

we walked ahead while amos and harry gave each other a short introduction.

to my dismay we all walked over to a portkey. if i have to be honest traveling by portkey was most definitely not my favorite way to travel i always got sick to my stomach and fell.

"why are they all standing around that old boot?" i heard harry ask fred and george. i didn't pay much attention to that small conversation though.

i walked over to the portkey and put one hand on it as amos started count.

"one." he started.

i noticed harry staring at us all with a strange look. this idiot. i grabbed harry's hand and put it on the portkey, ignoring the butterflies in my stomach of course, just as amos got to three. then everything started spinning. and most of the others screamed.

"let go kids!" dad shouted at us.

"what!?" hermione asked, her eyes wide.

"let. go!" dad shouted more clearly as i try to bite back my amused smirk towards her fear. what? it's funny. we all let go flying to the ground. i clutched my stomach as i fell to the ground with the others.

"i'm going to be sick." i mumbled raspily as i hit the ground causing everyone to groan in response. i sat up on the floor watching dad, amos, and cedric float to the ground gracefully causing me to roll my eyes. show offs.

cedric noticed my eye roll and came up to me with his hand held out, a small smirk on his face. i took his hand and got up from the ground.

"thanks." i thanked him dusting myself off with one hand due to the fact that he hasn't let go of my other one. i gave him a pointed look and he looked at me confused as we walked. man can this boy be anymore oblivious.

"you can let go of my hand now." i chuckled causing him to let go quickly.

"i'm cedric diggory." he informed me smiling.

"so i've heard. y/n weasley." i replied with a smile just as we arrived at one of my favorite places, quidditch world cup.

...
first chapter done and guess what. i'm actually proud. anyways i really hope you enjoyed and if you did i'm happy to start this journey with you! you might be here because you follow me through my comments, if so, hi dude. if you continue and enjoy to be a silent reader! comment and, maybe, vote! i'd love to hear what you guys think. bye! <3

word count: 1138!