TWO | IRL

𝒓𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒚

Riley didn't really feel like she belonged in LA. She liked the city and it was exciting living in a new city, but she missed her friends from home and the simple suburb life she'd been used to. Her tiktok had blown up within the last few months, and before she knew it, she had 2 million fans and had moved out to the big city to join a content house with her older sister, Mia. It was really more Mia's decision to move, and Riley had moved with her because she'd be lonely without her.

Even though she and her sister had only just moved to LA, Mia had managed to make friends almost instantaneously. For Riley, making friends was more than just sharing a common interest or a laugh. She tagged along with Mia, but she wished she had more friends of her own. She'd met some at the skate park, the other night, but she was shy and hadn't said much.

Today, she was tagging along with Mia to go see Sab, one of Mia's newest friends. Somehow on the road, Mia's impulsive self had decided to hang out at the Sway House because that's where Sab was because of Kio. Also, where Mia's soon-to-be boyfriend Justin lived.

"The SWAY House?" Riley had demanded. "As in, where...Bryce Hall lives?"

"Well, I don't know if Bryce still lives there, but Kio lives there," Mia shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly as Riley slumped back in her seat in disbelief.

"You're crazy."

Somehow, that set Mia off to singing Daisy by Ashnniko. Riley rolled her eyes. Her sister was crazy, but she did still like her.

✰✰✰

By the time they got to the house, Riley was tired and annoyed. LA traffic was annoying, and she could have been sleeping at home. Mia dragged her inside, and squealed hello's to Sab, Justin, and Kio. Riley just smiled and said hi quietly.

She made her way inside and plopped down on the first couch she could. Pulling out her phone, she scrolled on tiktok for a little while.

"Ri, we're going out for ice cream, wanna come?" Mia called over, and Riley shook her head. Usually, she wouldn't miss ice cream for the world, but 5th wheeling on a double date was something she did not want to do.

Before she knew it, the two couples were out of the house and gone. Riley was annoyed again. She'd been brought over here, and for what? To sit in a stranger's house? She got up and moved to go out to the back yard. Maybe she could make tiktoks, or something.

"Oh-" Rounding a corner, she'd bumped into someone's chest. Stepping back to see who she'd bumped into, her eyes widened in shock.

"I'm sorry," the red headed boy apologized, looking worried. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah, I'm fine, I'm sorry."  She cleared her throat, recognizing him as Vinnie, the thirst trap kid from tiktok. Riley stifled a laugh.

He looked confused. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh!" her laugh came out. "My sister, uh, and Kio and Justin and Sab and...they left me here." Riley blushed. "I promise I didn't just walk in here."

"I know what it's like to be the 5th wheel. It sucks." he let out a short laugh and shook his head. "And to be left out," he added, raising his eyebrows. "I'm Vinnie."

She smiled. "Riley. Nice to meet you."

✰ hello you are beautiful:) ✰