Chapter 1 - A bad taste in my mouth

Danny moved around in his bed, uncomfortable as he tried to sleep, even though he was half dead he needed sleep, despite only needing a small amount. He stopped moving, staring up at the ceiling as a frown spread on his face. His stomach growled suddenly and he sighed, he hadn't been eating much human food lately, a few days ago he started getting these peculiar cravings for blood, he guessed it was his ghost form maturing, he had done some research online about how blood consumption affected the human body. But there wasn't anything on ectoplasmic blood, his stomach growled again and he hissed in discomfort at the pain in his core, he yawned as he got up from his bed and left his room, he glanced at his parents room, knowing they were asleep thanks to the loud snoring from his dad and the light heartbeat of his mom, he walked downstairs and went to the lab, looking around at all of the ghost specimen jars he felt his stomach twist as he reached for a large mason jar of ectoplasm, it smelled fresh to him, the alluring scent able to catch the attention of his nose even with the lid of the jar tightly shut. He started to twist the lid and after a few twists it came off with a faint pop, he put it on one of the tables and put his hand in the jar, scooping out a handful of ectoplasm as he transferred the jar to the crook of his left arm and grabbed the lid, licking the large glob of ectoplasm from his hand while he walked up to his room, his hunger decreasing after the first bite. He knew he needed to tell Sam and Tucker, he just didn't want to scare them away. He transformed into his ghost form, white rings surrounding his abdomen and traveling to his feet and head, turning him into the ghost hero of Amity park, Danny Phantom. The name is super original, I know. The young ghost king turned invisible and intangible, flying into his room and grabbing his phone as he flew up to the roof of Fenton Works and sat down on top the Fenton OPS center, setting the jar of ectoplasm in his lap as he stared up at the night sky, watching the stars as he thought. He doubted that ectoplasm would subdue his hunger much longer even though he started having cravings only some days ago, he knew he was slowly dying, he always felt it when he reached for his ghostly half as a human or his human half as a ghost, the feeling was far away and harder to find, he felt weaker and the only thing providing him strength was the nightly feedings of ectoplasm. He sighed quietly, his hand moving around in the jar, he looked down at it and realized that it was empty. He had been eating while lost in his thoughts, he frowned as his stomach growled, he was still hungry.

Danny cried out in sudden anger, throwing the jar from his lap and to the ceiling of the building, he watched it shatter and without thinking he flew to the pieces of glass in hopes there was some remnants of ectoplasm, he landed and knelt down while picking up a large piece of glass that still had ectoplasm on it. He ran his fingers over it greedily, noticing a hint of red as he began to bleed his mix of human blood and ectoplasm, he ignored the pain and sniffed the piece of glass, the new smell that formed when his blood mixed with the other ectoplasm made him smile, his eyes shining with curiosity. He brought his fingers to his mouth and licked the blood away, he gasped at the delicious taste but frowned when he realized he wouldn't have more. He growled, upset. His legs formed into a spectral tail as he stood and dropped the piece of glass, quickly he flew off, he needed something to make the taste again! He'd do anything for it! He just wanted the taste in his mouth again.

"Remember Danny, do it just like I taught you. Scare them shitless when you attack." Danny remembered the conversation, but he didn't know who he had it with, it was familiar, on the top of his tongue even. But it was hard to recall, the voice was gruff though gentle and caring, he knew he cared back for this person, but he didn't know who it was. Danny stopped in front of "Casper High" the town's high school, he sniffed the air and his eyes widened in recognition, Lancer was staying after school. His lips curled up into a snarl as he flew into the school, tracking the smell of his English teacher. He found it strange that he worked at the school as his English teacher since freshman year.

Slight Gore Warning
"It's time you retire Mr. Lancer!" Danny said, still invisible as he turned tangible after entering Lancer's office, he lunged at Lancer with a snarl, he landed on the overweight teacher, hearing him scream as he fell back from his chair, he hit his head on the chalkboard's edge behind him, falling to the ground dead. Danny wasted no time, listening to what the voice from the memory told him, he used his hands to tear into Lancer's stomach, listening to the squelching as blood gushed from his stomach, pooling onto the ground. Danny scooped some of the blood from Lancer's chest cavity, having torn through his torso without mercy. He brought his hands to his mouth and drank as if he was dehydrated, he repeated the process and bit into Lancer's neck, he pulled a large chunk from his neck and spat it out, he leaned to the blood that trickled down his shoulder, sucking aggressively at the gash, moaning at the taste. He was right, Ectoplasm wasn't going to last him, blood was. It was going to help balance his body until he finally died. Danny pulled away from Lancer's body and turned intangible, flying up as the blood fell from his face and hazmat suit, he flew through the ceiling of the school and rubbed at his face. He looked at his hands, oddly content, happy even, did he like what he had just done? He should be freaking out! He should be crying and try to wipe the blood off even though it was gone, but he was fine, he was happy, proud of what he just did. He wrapped his arms around himself in a hug and kept flying, deciding to bide his time until he got tired or until he felt something.