Ch-19 Not A Damsel

Celine sat on a rock watching the Guard train.

Jane, Alec and Felix were training a lot of the Lower Guard and they were very stern and merciless.

She found herself stunned when Jane used her powers on a guard who bent on his knees for rest. She also yelled at him for his 'tardiness'.

She also noticed everyone was putting in extra effort to impress their Queen.

Matteo told Celine that even Jane and the Higher Guard were being a little more nicer to them.

Celine wondered if this was nice then what would be a regular day without her being there.

Watching wasn't enough to quench the angst that was building up. She wanted more than anything to go and join them, but she understood the kings won't be too happy.

But understanding and wanting to do something were two far ends of the spectrum.

Jane had called for a ten minute break and Celine swore she heard a few vampires cry in happiness.

She, Alec and Matteo ran up to their Queen and Jane went and hugged her mother and Alec too, after a bit of uncertainty.

"You are quite the fierce trainers." Celine quirked an eyebrow.

"One day when they have to fight, they won't survive if they are tardy and unprepared." Jane said.

"Especially if they freeze in the middle of a fight, I have done that once." Matteo bit his lip.

"If it weren't for Felix coming to save your ass, you won't be here stealing people's stuff." Alec said.

Celine looked at the shield-breaker confused while he looked at Alec with what seemed like betrayal.

"That was one time!" He defended.

"One time you stole Jane's lipstick." Alec muttered and Jane looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

"You stole my what?!" She yelled at Matteo.

"It was for Chelsea."

"Doesn't she have a mate?" Celine asked.

"Yes, but he didn't know that." Alec snickered.

"Did her mate find out?"

"Oh he did, and he chased him around for two whole days."

Celine and Alec were laughing so hard people on the other side were giving them looks. Jane just stared at Matteo.

"Do not steal my lipstick." She warned and he gulped and nodded. Sometimes, she was irritated at the fact that she couldn't use her powers on him.

Celine thought this may be the last time to ask them before they went back to train.

"Guys, can I train with you?" She asked and all three of them looked at her bewildered.

"Mother, no! Absolutely not." Jane said.

"Yes, the kings will have our heads." Matteo shuddered.

"What if one day if I'm attacked and there won't be anyone for my protection? I haven't had enough practice with my powers." She stated them with her arms crossed.

Alec went to interject."You will not be left alo-

"You don't know that. Besides, if the kings yell at you, I will deal with them personally." She stared at them waiting for them to answer.

"Fine." Jane said begrudgingly and Celine smirked.

"Let's go."

....