Chapter Six

It was cold in my bedroom and it smelt like rain, I've been sitting in the corner for over an hour. The clock read 5:32 am, I only had gotten a little of sleep. Them telling me that Lucas wanted Stephanie had hit me hard, imagining her being here would kill me to peices. There was a few voices outside and I couldn't believe that people were awake at this time. There was a small knock on my door, and I sprung up to open it, I really needed a friend to speak to. I opened it but it wasn't who I thought it was. It was Chris, he looked tired. He came in and I shut the door behind me. He laid on my bed but I went back to the corner and sat down. My heart felt as if it was hit with a hammer servel times. I looked over to Chris to find him without shirt sleeping. I sighed to his image and wasn't even in the mood to drool over him. Still thinking about Stephanie. 

 I opened my eyes slowly to see the clock said 1:25pm. I was laying in my bed and my eyes hurted so much. I didn't even realize that I had fallen asleep and was moved to my bed. The light switch was clicked, and I growled while covering my face with the blanket. There was a cold wind that made me shiver, it took me a bit to realize I didn't have the blanket on me anymore. I looked up and saw Chris with the blanket over him,

"CHRIS!" I hissed at him, but he just laughed 

"Yes?"

I urghed at him and laid back into my bed. 

"Amy, who's Travis?" 

I was shocked by the name, Travis was my ex boyfriend, before they dragged me here, he dumped me to date my so called best friend but he broke up with her suddendly also. It hurt her, but my heart was still hurting from him leaving me. 

"W, why?" I was holding my pillow and not facing him so he wouldn't see the tears leaving my eyes.

"You was saying his name all last night." 

"I thought you knew everything about me, why didn't you know I was with a boy named Travis?" 

"Remember, I kept my distance, even know I knew you got hurt plenty of times, I never got into it." 

I looked at him and he was shocked at all the tears rolling down my cheek. He looked as if he just saw a ghost, I covered my face and started crying heavy. No I was not crying over Travis, by now my mother would be getting another sonogram, Stephanie must be missing me and I just wanted to leave. 

"Is Lucas really gonna marry Stephanie?" 

"I doubt it, she's very young, and he would have to change her at 13 also so they can live their life together." 

I sprung up at this that he rose both eyebrows, I just love when he does that.

"What happens when he changes her?"

"She gets to choose like every other girl. If she picks no, she gets sent away back to her family, and she is banned from seeing anybody from the castle" 

"Uh, what happens if you change me?" 

He looked at me "You lose those beautiful eyes of yours." 

I looked down and couldn't imagine Stephanie being one of these people. She's too young, even though she would be changed at 13 but that's three years from now, it's very close. We heard a small knock again and I walked to open it but Chris got there before me. Mitchelle walked in and Chris just sat down. She smiled at my presence and frowned to see that I haven't gotten ready. 

"Miss Henson, the king and queen would love your prescence at tonights conference." 

"And where is that conference?" 

"At your house."

I looked at Chris that had his head in his hands trying to ignore and block out the conversation to not get involed but I was about to give him his talk right now. 

"Thank you Mitchelle."

"You do not need my help with anything."

"Just with my makeup."

Chris flew up at this moment, and looked straight at us which made Mitchelle flinch.

"You do her make up" he said through clenched teeth 

"no sir, I just tell her if it's good or not. Okay Miss Henson, you need to wear something nice."

"Mitchelle, call me Amy please." She smiled and left 

"Dude, Chris, why are you so mean to her?" I looked at him with my arms crossed. 

He rolled his eyes and looked at the carpet and I walked over to him, he looked at him shocked at my face 

"WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO AT MY HOUSE?!" 

"no, no, My uncle, Lucas and you are going." 

"For Stephanie?" 

"To get your mom to approve of the idea."

"She wouldn't give another child."

"For this man, trust me, she would."

I looked down at my feet and smiled, and looked at him 

"You're going too."

"what?"

"As my new going to be husband. You shall go."