Chapter 7

Aaron POV

As I continue to comfort my crying mate, I link the warriors to get back to their patrols. If her reaction before was anything to go by, I can't allow her to feel trapped or in danger.

Alpha, I hear Dr. Hale try to link me, but I just growl in return. When she saw the doctor, I thought she was never going to drop the knife. I remember when she was standing in the hospital with the knife to Nel's throat. She kept one eye on the doctor the entire time with complete fear in her eyes.

Pulling her away from my chest gently, I use one hand to hold her hip to me and the other to cup her cheek. She nuzzles once into my palm in a move that I figure is probably subconscious.

"Angel," I call her, lifting her face slightly so her eyes connect with mine, "Are you hurt?"

Her eyebrows draw together in confusion as an adorable pout takes over her lips. All I want to do in the moment is kiss her, but I know she is still hurt.

"When I found you in the woods, you had been shot," I tell her gently, testing to see if she remembers it. Silently hoping she doesn't.

She moves one of her hands off my chest and presses her fingers into her leg first. She pressing gently, but I know the wound healed two days ago. I'm more concerned with her side.

She moves her hand to her hip and I watch a twitch of pain hold her for a few seconds. I quickly release her hip and snatch her hand into mine.

The sparks move between us as I rub the back of her knuckles with my thumb.

"I don't like you being in pain," I whisper, my voice only loud enough to reach her ears.

Her lips lift ever so slightly. Her small smile makes me feel like I am on top of the world. I lean down gently and place a light kiss against her cheek before pulling away again.

I can see a small blush as she uses the hand not being held by fine to run her fingers across the spot I kissed.

Looking back to Hale, he gives us a soft look, Alpha, we should get her back to the hospital.

"Angel," I say, getting her to lift her eyes back to mine, "We should head back to the hospital."

She shakes her head adamantly as she tries to take her hand back.

"You're still in pain," I tell her gently, keeping her in my arms, "I just want the doctors to check to over and then we can go home."

She tries to twist around and force her way out of my arms. My grip is gentle, but it's still firm enough that she might hurt herself if she keeps trying to pull away from me.

Don't let mate get hurt! Kiba yells in my mind. Like I need a reminder to keep her from harm.

"Angel, what's wrong?" I ask her, moving her closer so her hands are trapped against my chest between us and my hands are wrapped around her waist.

She keeps shaking her head no.

"You don't want to go back to the hospital, do you?" I ask her, thinking back to her mistrust of Hale in her hospital room.

She says no again with a headshake as tears stream down her face. I shush her lightly and pull her closer. She sobs as she buries her face back into my neck.

"It's your call, angel," I tell her, "We won't go to the hospital. I won't make you go back there."

Aaron. She needs to come back to the hospital. Her injuries aren't fully healed, and I think-