Chapter 34

Mason took me to the doctors a few weeks ago and it turns out that I did in fact have postpartum depression. The doctors prescribed me some anti depressants to take for a few months and also told Mason to make sure he reassures me constantly and to make me talk to him when something was bothering me.

Between me telling Mason my every feeling and the medication, I have been back to my old self. After we put the kids to bed, Mason stays up with me and we talk about anything and everything. I tell him how I'm feeling and any fears and he reassures me and tells me how much he loves me. He's been so great to me and I don't know what I'd do without him.

We have slipped into a routine after being home from the hospital for about 6 weeks now. Carter is on a schedule similar to Layla's that way it makes it easier on us and we have some free time in between their naps.

Today is Masons first race since Carter has been born. Over the past month, Mason has brought all his work home and did everything here. Days that he had to go to the track, he would take Layla with him and I'd stay home alone with Carter.

We decided that it was time that Mason finally got back to racing. I knew he wanted to but he felt bad for leaving me. The only way that he agreed to go to this race was under the rule that me and kids will be there. I finally agreed and that's how Mason and I are now on the road with Layla and Carter asleep in the back. Luckily Carter has gotten used to the car a little more and will now go to sleep.

Greg was driving the car hauler up to the race track while we were in my jeep. It was easier to take it then Masons truck since it was lower to the ground.

While Mason would be racing, I'll be staying at the trailer with Layla and Carter. I didn't want to expose Carter to the night air for to long. We did however bring the side by side incase Mason does win. Greg will drive me and the kids out on track to get a picture with Mason. Mason wanted to introduce everyone to our son since it's his first time being out in public.

As Mason pulls up to buy tickets, Carter wakes up. I crawl into the back and sit between his and Layla's car seat. Since the windows are tented, I decided to go ahead and breastfeed him in here. While Mason is finding a parking spot, I let Carter eat and then burp him. I set him back into his car seat so that I can get out of the car.

Mason gets out to grab Layla while I grab Carter. We start walking into the pits and Mason wraps his free hand around my waist. "That way everyone knows that you are mine." He whispers and kisses my temple.

We walk around trying to find Masons trailer. As we are walking a little girl and her parents stop us. "You're Mason Coleman! I love you!" The little girl screams. It wakes Layla up and she starts looking around while Carter makes a little whine.

"I'm so sorry. She doesn't know how to use her quiet voice around babies. She loves watching you race. That's the main reason we are here tonight. She wanted to see you race tonight since we've missed the past few weeks." The mom says and quiets down the girl.

"This is actually my first time racing in the last 6 weeks so you didn't miss anything. I took time off to stay home after our son was born." Mason tells them.

"Congratulations. He's a cutie." The mom says and I nod.

"He is." I tell her with a smile.

"Would you like a picture?" Mason asks the little girl and she nods ecstatically. I juggled Carter onto my one arm and then held Layla on my hip with my other arm. Mason crouched down beside the little girl and put his arm on her shoulder as the mom took pictures.