Chapter 1

I walked out of my apartment to a busy street. Wellham was very busy this week. It was the week before August began and everyone seemed to have something to do. It was a week from my both of my parent’s deaths. I wanted to celebrate in grief or anything to do other than school. I live with my brother now but he’s never home. I walked to school face down, looking at my phone. The school is one mile from my apartment. 

“Mark!” someone shouted behind me. “Hey Joey,” I said without looking at him. 

Joey was my sidekick and my closest friend. He always makes everything fun and doesn’t really know when to stop. When he messes up in class, the teachers can’t help but not give him a detention because what he did was too funny. He is a little annoying but he always know the correct ways to help people out. 

“Guess what!” He screamed beside me. I was about to open my mouth to give a reply when he says, “I got a new girlfriend!” I look at him in fake disbelief and say, “Oh wow Joe, what happened to the last 43 other girlfriends you had?”

 “F*ck you!” 

“Go ahead,”

This has always been our inside joke. It’s a simple reality really. If someone wants to have intercourse with you, you either say yes or no.

We reached school twenty minutes before the bell rings. As I make my way to my locker, Elaine, who is basically my best friend and my go-to relationship advice guru. All the guys want her and all the girls want to be her. She’s not popular or anything, in fact, she’s the exact opposite of popular. All the girls hate her because of her good looks and charming voice. She’s also very sneaky. She knows everything in the school. Every teacher and their profiles to any new trend that becomes popular in our school. Although she is beautiful, I wouldn’t date her even if she asks me to because I’m not that comfortable dating friends I know since second grade. 

“What’s up Marcus?” 

“Hey Elaine,” 

She looks at me and asks, “What are you doing after school today?” I replied with the usual “Nothing,”

“Wanna watch a movie?” 

“No,”

“Why not?”

“Because I have an appointment with Tumblr,”

“Fine,” She says with a playful yet angry face.

I take my books and go to my first class which was by far the most boring class ever, history. I walk in to class three minutes early. I sit at my desk and pull out my notebook and my history textbook. The teacher, who's name is Mr. Matthews nicknamed Mr. McStache because of his very well kept moustache that he would let no one touch. It was hilarious of course when we do a worksheet and he just takes out his brush and mirror and brush his moustache carefully. I would often take out my phone and snap pictures and send them to my friends with ridiculous captions such as “I’m so fancy” or “Stacheventure Time” and click send without him noticing. 

Once everyone was settled in, Mr. McStache stands up and says, “Everyone, this is Scott” he gestures to a redhead. He’s tall. Ice blue eyes with pale skin. He has a particularly handsome face and a pretty big body. He would do great in our football team. 

“Hello,” he says shyly. He looks at me and looks away quickly. 

“So Scott, tell us a little about yourself,” Mr. McStache says. 

“Uh, I’m Scott, I’m sixteen and I come from London.” He says with a light accent.

“Thank you Scott, please take a seat,”