Final Chapter

I wake up early knowing I have to leave him today because of skating practice. I get up and release him from my embrace. I get off the bed and put a shirt on. I noticed that I put on his shirt. It’s oversized for me but i didn’t care. I had my skating clothes in my bag anyways.

As I was getting my skates Scott woke up from his slumber. He looked like a grizzly bear out of hibernation, but slightly more handsome. 

“Goin’ somewhere?”

“Skating practice. Can’t miss it. Competition in a month,” I reply simply

“Can I at least drive you there or skate with you?”

“Will you distract me?”

“Maybe,” He says

“Well, it’s a public rink and the students are separated from the public so you’ll be fine,”

“Good,” he stands, “Wait for me, OK?” 

“Got it,”

We drive to the rink and I wait for Scott to put his shoes on. As soon as we hit the ice, Will approached me and says, “You’re late,” 

“I know, I’m sorry,” i look back and say, “Scott, I’d like you to meet Will my skating coach and the genius behind the moves,” I turn to Will, “Will, this is my new boyfriend, Scott,”

They shake hands and Will pulls me out for a little 

“You’re gay?” 

“Surprise!”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” 

“Well I was away, then me and Scott hooked up then I turned gay,”

“Well if it doesn’t distract you from you’re skating, then I’m fine with it.”

“Will, I can’t land my death drop,”

“I thought you got it?”

“Well i tried it a few days ago and the landing seemed a little awkward,”

“Then we focus on that because your routine is coming up very nicely,”

“Thank you,”

We focused on jumping and then we get off ice to practice the landing and how my footing should be. We tried the jump a couple of times and then finally managed to get it right.

“It’s not perfect but it’ll make up for lack of execution,”

“Thank you Will,”

“Make sure your body is parallel with the ground once you’re in the air and sideways on the camel got it?”

“Yeah, thanks again,”

I skate around the rink and spot Scott in the corner trying to go backwards. I approach him and stop directly behind him. He slips and i try to catch him but with his immense weight, it’s easier said then done. We laugh ad then get up. 

“If you want to go backwards you have to do it the easy way,”

“There’s an easy way?”

“Yes, the one you saw me doing is more advance and I saw you trying it. Not a good idea if this is your second time skating,”

“Yeah, I though I could surprise you,” He looks a little disappointed.

“Scott, your entire presence surprises me. Now turn and I’ll hold you from the front. Make waves but do it on your inside edge then outside edge,”