Chapter 2

Tuesday wasn’t very eventful. We really didn’t do anything but talk at school and to the boring things we do at school. Wednesday though, Wednesday was “eventful”.

“Guys, I have a crush on someone,” Scott says at lunchtime. 

Elaine pounced on him and screams at him, “WHO IS IT?”

He looked completely terrified and it was hilarious. Elaine is the one who was chill in our group. Once t came to relationships and love, she is hysterical. I don’t know how she does it, but her mood can change from cool to hot in a matter of nanoseconds.

“I really shouldn’t tell,” he said still looking at Elaine who was basically clawing at him for answers, “He’s in this group,”

As if on cue, all of us asks “HE?”

“Well, that went well,” He sad to himself. 

“Don’t worry Scott, none of us here are homophobic,” I say. Everybody nods.

“Thanks a lot guys,” He looked down and said, “the reason I came to this school wasn’t because I wanted to move but it was because the school hated me so much, even the teachers yelled insults at me.” He was on the verge of tears.

“Well, you won’t find that here. Some of the teachers here are quite homophobic but a few of the kids are actually gay too, so it’s all good,” Joey says.

As we’re all comforting Scott, Elaine pouts and I ask, “What’s wrong Elaine?”

She gestured me to come closer to her and she whispers, “I had a major crush on Scott since the first time we met. The more I got to know him, the more I fall for him,”

I laughed. I really did. I knew no one who fell for someone and was rejected because of the fact that he’s gay. 

“Hey F you Marcus!” she says and crosses her hands, pouting.

“Care to share Marc?” John says. I was about to speak when Elaine glares at me and mouths, “Not a single word or I will kill you!” I swipe my thumb and my index finger showing sealed lips. Joey just rolls his eyes.

“But back to the main subject,” Elaine says, “who is this mystery man? Is he gay too?” 

“Thats the problem,” he looks down again in remorse, “he’s straight as far as I know.”

A guy? Scott, the big, burly, redhead falls in love with a man? Seems incorrect to me. Not that I have never seen gay people but because I’ve never really spoken to one. Stan Andrews, was gay but he transferred before I could really talk to him. But no one in the group was gay. Scott was playing a very hard competition to win. The chances that one of us is gay is like falling down a hole fifty foot deep with a pool the width of a person and landing perfectly in to it.

____________________________________

After school, Scott came to me and asked, “Hey Mark, can I come to your house today?” 

My answer was, “Sorry dude, not today. I have lessons,” 

I didn’t want him to know that I had figure skating lessons. I know it seems girly, but as far I know, it’s my guiltiest pleasure other than watching Supernatural and Arrow. I feel like telling others I skate is like telling the world how you do everything naked in your house and then run around with your ding dong out and then telling them you twirl and do girly things in your weekends. The only people that know I skate is John and Bella. John because he has hockey and Bella because she has lessons the same place I do. I really enjoy it. A little too much one might say.