11

MILLIES POV

Friday was an important day for Harry, Ron and I (Mione only hung out with me when I wasn't with Ron, they really don't get on well), as we finally managed to find our way down to the great hall for breakfast without getting lost once.

"What have we got today?" Harry asked, pouring milk onto his cereal.

"Double potions with the Slytherins," I answered, spooning some porridge into my mouth.

"Snape's head of house," said Ron. "They say he always favours them. We'll be able to see if that's true."

"Wish McGonagall favoured us," Harry mumbled, causing me to frown.

"Maybe she would if you two did the homework last night instead of talking-"

Harry scoffed, going to kick me under the table. "Sorry, little Miss Perfect."

"Don't start that again."

"Good idea," he said, quickly pulling his foot away.

Just then, the post arrived. I'd got used to this by now, but it had given me a bit of a shock when about a hundred owls had suddenly streamed into the great hall during breakfast, circling the tables until they saw their owners and dropping letters and packages on to their laps.

I didn't have an owl, however a school owl had already brought me three letters from home and a box of Bertie Botts every flavoured beans, which I had shared with Mione in the common room.

Hedwig hadn't brought Harry anything so far. She sometimes flew in to nibble his ear and have a bit of toast before going off to the owlery with the other school owls. This morning, however, she flew down between the marmalade and sugar bowl, and dropped a note onto Harry's plate.

He tore it open at once, reading aloud:

DEAR HARRY,
I KNOW YOU GET FRIDAY AFTERNOON OFF, SO WOULD YOU AND MILLIE LIKE TO COME AND HAVE A CUP OF TEA WITH ME AROUND THREE? I WANT TO HEAR ALL ABOUT YOUR FIRST WEEK. SEND US AN ANSWER BACK WITH HEDWIG.
HAGRID

"Anyone got a quill?" Harry asked, smiling at the note.

"Here." Ron handed him a quill from his trouser pocket.

"Cheers."

He began scribbling a note, talking excitedly to Ron.

It was lucky that I had tea with Hagrid to look forward to, because the potions lesson turned out to be the worst thing that happened to me so far.

__________________

Okay so I'm reading these first few chapters back and I've just realised how short they are, so if this annoys you, I promise they do get longer and better soon! Read a chapter of the third book as an example of this lol - unless you don't want spoilers.

~ Ariana x