chapter 4. meeting the prince

(The song Amai plays^^)

Third person

"So you are telling me that he is the prince?" Willow said with a shock look on her face, as she glanced at who she learned was the prince.

A couple hours earlier

Arriving to the castle had to be one of the most stressful occurrences in Willow's life. There were guards all over the prestigious structure, basically trying anyone who would dare to attack.

Many of the citizens whispered after seeing Willow exit the carriage.

"I didn't know the prince would invite her."

"What is Lady Selfish doing here?"

Were some of the things she picked up. She stared harshly at one of gossipers shutting them up quite quickly. Her servants picked up her bags and following her as they entered the castle gates.

Someone who appeared to be a butler then ran into her, "Lady Naverne, the prince will be happy to see you at the funeral."

Willow looked at him with a questioning face because she had never made acquaintances with the prince. "Ah but of course, can you lead me to my room."

With a nod of his head, he lead her down the most elegant halls passing the hundreds of doors that other guest took the space of.

(How I imagine the castle. If anyone wants to know this is Dunrobin Castle, I find it so gorgeous.)

Stopping at one of the doors, he turned toward her. "And this my lady is your room, for the next three days of course."

Willow nodded, then stepped into the room. It was a simple, but yet sophisticated room. Perfect.

(A visual for the room for those who want it)

"Thank you that will be all." She said with a stone voice and motioned him to leave. Lady Willow had no time to waste pampering to ill tempered people. Why  would she waste time on a thing when she needed to learn about her father.

A few minutes later she decided to walk around the castle looking for a sign of anything, leaving her helpers to do what they please. She noticed some servants glaring at her because of her reputation, but she paid them no mind.

Continuing to make her way she ended in a room that happened to have a piano. In her head she knew this wasn't the time or place, but pianos always drew her in. She played one of the songs her dad taught her which had to be her all time favorite, Liszt- Liebestraum No .3 (Love Dream).

She felt herself drift into the music, not paying into the world around her-

Willow stopped immediately when she noticed someone near the end of the piano, who seemed to be enjoying her playing.

"Well why did you stop." The stranger said with a small grin on his face.

"Well," she said in a teasing and sarcastic voice, "I don't perform for people who don't pay."

"Oh really, guess I will have to get a ticket to watch you." He said pushing back. "Anyway I don't remember seeing you around here, will you grace me with your name."

Amai cringed because there were other ladies, dukes, and duchess' present beside them, so he wouldn't recognize her, as well as mostly anyone who was visiting.

"Sir, how would you recognize anyone here, we are all visiting from our own lands." She said while rolling her eyes.

"I have you know that I live here." He said.

"Oh so you are a butler," she assumed.

He grinned at her and answered, "I guess you can say that. You still haven't introduced yourself."

"If you must know, I am Lady Willow Naverne. I don't see why that would concern you, but as you work in the castle you should recognize me."

"Right, working in the castle." He muttered. "Well it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance my Lady. As you introduced yourself I only find it fair that I do the same."

"My name is Sebastian," he said grabbing her hand and placing a small kiss. She smiled at the gesture, she took little notice that the name Sebastian sounded too familiar.

"Sebastian I do hope we meet again, but I have to get ready for the ceremony and ball." ( A/N - In their culture they have a party when a ruler or person of high status dies as a way to remember the happy parts of their life, pretty weird in my opinion)

"Of course my lady, see you then." He said a bit too loud as she walked away from him.

Lady Willow followed the same path she took and, somehow, found her way back to her room. Once inside she asked Sally to help her out on her gown and make up to prepare for the following events.

(If you forgot how the dress looked.)

"My lady you look like a spitting image of your mother"

"Please don't use the word spitting again," Willow said while accepting the compliment. After staring into the mirror for a couple minutes she noticed the ceremony would be starting soon.

"Oh my heavens, there is no way in the world I will be late." Willow said with determination. "Do visit the ball if you can Sally." And with a smile Willow left the room.

She followed what she believed to be the path to the ball room, until she was stopped by a butler who insisted on escorting her. Willow wasn't mad in the slightest because she knew she would probably get lost in these huge halls.

He led her to huge doors that he opened for her as she walked in.

Everyone eyes focused onto her, both enchanted with her beauty and criticizing her for being late.

Willow Naverne who had trained for these events did the best run way smile that she could. Walking more into the room she could hear the whispers begin as they realized who she was.

"Wasn't her father the one who was 'murdered'" Someone whispered glancing toward her.

"I doubt that, he probably ran off with a servant and they did it for the attention." Someone replied.

Willow then decided to tune out the conversation because she didn't need irrelevant people validation for her own life.

She walked toward people that she recognized and observed the room. "There's two escape behind me and one to the right" Willow noticed in her head, she always planned for emergencies that might happen.

Horns blew loudly and the attention went to the doors that she had previously made her entrance in.

"We now introduce His royal highness, Prince Sebastian of Tewe and his fiance Duchess Elizabeth." The whispers and talking grew to a mouse whisper and he walked through those doors. Willow thought she might had double taked when she saw him.

There sitting in all his glory was the 'servant' she met earlier, and stuck to his hip was a small black hair girl who seemed to be watching the crowd.

"So you are telling me that he is the prince?" Willow said with a shock look on her face, as she glanced at who she learned was the prince, not particularly speaking to anyone.

✨🦋
A/N
Hello my loves 💓. Thanks for reading this chapter. I wrote it in one night because of the support you all have been giving me. See you in the next update.